what is needed to put no. plate on wr 400 99
Posted January 26, 2001 - 10:26 PM
Posted January 26, 2001 - 01:58 PM
Posted January 26, 2001 - 02:07 PM
Not a street license plate for dual sporting..
Posted January 26, 2001 - 03:55 PM
1) Got a '00 plate
2) Remove headlight and all mounting brackets
3) Remove odometer
4) Cut the two plastic posts on the bottom of the plate off
5) Drilled holes near where the posts were for 5 mm bolts to go through.
6) Ran two long 5 mm bolts up through the holes that the black head light mounting bracket was supported with (these bolts will go through the holes drilled in step 3).
7) Fab up a small bracket for the top mount. Someone else on this board suggested using a long 8 mm bolt and one of the side brackets that supports the headlight to the fork pinch bolts. The two untapped holes in this side bracket provide the right amount of offset for the numberplate mount and the mount for the odometer.
Hope this is clear.