Converting Stock Taillight to Running/Brake light on a XR650R

2 replies to this topic
  • philipstjohn

Posted September 10, 2007 - 06:04 PM

For those who run the "stock tail light" with your tag mounted just below the light- My questions are...
1. How do you hook up the light to be able to be a "running light and license plate light" and then a brake light when the brake in applied?
2. Do you get hassled more by "the boys" by being a minimulist?
3. Any problem with the tag not mounted at an angle such that it could be easily read?
I have a BD's Quick release set up now, and wondered if I could "re wire" the lead coming off the rear light assy. of the stock light set up to plug in to the BD's system? Is this the way to go or do you guys have any suggestions on how to do this? Your help or ideas is always appreciated...:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted September 11, 2007 - 05:10 AM

What I was thinking of doing is getting a 4-strokes only XR rear fender light assy., then installing the Led light insert from Wheeling Cycle, and finally wiring the "new light assy." to a new plug, just as the current brake light is wired with the kit, to be able to just plug into the kit's harness.
Sounds like it may work? Has anyone done this or something simular? :thumbsup:

• needsprayer

Posted September 11, 2007 - 06:20 AM

Add a trailer license plate light like this:
http://www.etrailer....c-lpl~M439K.htm

WalMart carries inexpensive ones.

http://img.photobuck...ngDiagramV3.gif

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.