5 replies to this topic
  • bigdubdeisel04

Posted September 10, 2007 - 02:59 PM

if it were a 450, it would certainly be my next bike!

• kskyles

Posted September 10, 2007 - 03:44 PM

wow! fuel injection on the 250.

maybe it's coming to the 450 sooner than i thought.

innovation is always fun to see.

• erickdj

Posted September 10, 2007 - 04:08 PM

after reading the description about the engine specs it looks like the wr250r engine is very different from the wr250f engine, possibly less power from it. Yamaha does seem to be going in the right direction though, maybe one day they will do a wr450r that has an engine just as powerful and refined as the wr450f, not some castrated engine like this wr250r seems to be.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted September 10, 2007 - 04:11 PM

That is not a WR250F in street clothing..... do a comparison to the WR250F, it's a completely different bike probaby closer to a TTR than a WR... they also have an X that is the same bike with SM wheels:applause:

While neither would hold a candle to a "real" WR, the FI is promising!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 10, 2007 - 04:22 PM

if it were a 450, it would certainly be my next bike!

At 276 lbs, it would probably never be mine...

How did ktm add estart and lights and add less than 10lbs?

• Steveakus

Posted April 15, 2008 - 02:09 PM

I just traded a 5valve 2001 WR250F for the 2008 wr250r and I weigh 195lbs, it is a bit smaller but I will say my old bike was uncorked and ran awesome, but the injection is really cool, Im an automotive tech for GM and know some tricks for the sensors on the injection system for this bike and I must dissagree with the lack of power, Mine will stand up before Im ready for it to and Im pretty much always ready to after riding the old one. This thing is ahead of its time and going to be very worth the money, Also I get about 60mpg's too.

If they make it in a 450 version I will buy two of them and put one in a storage crate until I totally ride the wheels off the other one.........

Yamaha :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.