yz450f with wr suspension

4 replies to this topic
  • xrvic

Posted September 10, 2007 - 12:05 PM

Does anyone have the shim stack info so i can revalve my yz to wr specs? I recently rode a wr450 and the forks were spot on I thought. The internals of the two forks are virtually identical except the valveing stack,, . thanks!

• cardoc

Posted September 10, 2007 - 12:38 PM

I have an '07 YZ450 and have ridden an '07 WR. I sent my suspension in and told him to make it ride like the WR. The guy went on a tirade about how the suspension components are totally different and he could not make them the same. Closed chamber vs open chamber blah blah blah. I said well make them as plush as you can because I ride off road and rocks. $650.00 later - my suspenion felt the same as it did before.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted September 10, 2007 - 12:43 PM

I have an '07 YZ450 and have ridden an '07 WR. I sent my suspension in and told him to make it ride like the WR. The guy went a tirade about the suspension components are totally different and he could not make them the same. Closed chamber vs open chamber blah blah blah. I said well make them as plush as you can because I ride off road and rocks. $650.00 later - my suspenion felt the same as it did before.

The YZ and WR forks ARE totally different.

• grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2007 - 01:32 PM

The YZ and WR forks ARE totally different.

That's not an excuse for not being able to make a YZ ride like a WR, or any other motorcycle you might name. Anyone who is good with them should be able to make an '06 a total marshmallow.

• cardoc

Posted September 10, 2007 - 01:49 PM

I agree with Grayracer. Now I just need to find someone (hopefully in Metro Phoenix) that can do it. I have been through this 4 times now (two different suspension guys) and now it is better, but still too stiff!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.