650R countershaft seal clip WTF!?

2 replies to this topic
  • Ferdinand

Posted September 10, 2007 - 11:49 AM

How do you get the clip back in the countershaft, I don't want to force it with a screwdriver because it slips off and might damage the new seal? Doesn't even appear close to going in.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR4DEZ

Posted September 10, 2007 - 06:16 PM

Maybe your seal is not seated, the clip should snap in easily. I use the old seal as a cushion and tap in the new one with a piece of PVC or a socket, whatever is handy and fits. Squeeze the clip with some needle nosed pliers and set it.

• Ferdinand

Posted September 11, 2007 - 07:15 AM

Thanks, I finally got it after a struggle the clip did not want to go in very well though. I'm going to order another clip and seal jic.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.