I crushed Dr. D!

8 replies to this topic
  • Bigcr

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:13 AM

I've finally recovered enough from an injury and subsequent surgery late last October. The day before I got hurt, I ordered a Dr. D exhaust for my '07 YZ450. It came a week later, but at that point I could not ride..........So I finally took the bike out this weekend and 30 min. in to the ride, I caught a rock and totally smashed in my head-pipe and also bent the silencer where it meets the head-pipe. The silencer also has a small bend near the 1st weld back from where it meets the head-pipe. Does anyone have any experience with Dr. D customer service? I'm thinking they may be able to fix the silencer.

• grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:17 AM

Call them. You may be quite surprised.

Post the results here.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:37 AM

or Pacific Pipe Repair

http://www.piperepair.com/

• Bigcr

Posted September 10, 2007 - 09:30 AM

or Pacific Pipe Repair

http://www.piperepair.com/

I thought of that first, but they don't repair silencers. I called Dr. D today and I'll be sending my silencer to them for a bit of straightening and a new style end-cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2007 - 09:53 AM

Doug takes care of his customers. :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 10, 2007 - 11:07 AM

I thought of that first, but they don't repair silencers. I called Dr. D today and I'll be sending my silencer to them for a bit of straightening and a new style end-cap.

you came out great on this....congrats

• GixRider

Posted September 10, 2007 - 12:39 PM

Doug takes care of his customers. :thumbsup:

Yup, their phone staff is excellent. They shipped me a whole new exhaust when the one I received was damaged in shipping. Very easy to deal with.

• Solo

Posted September 10, 2007 - 03:27 PM

If I ever get a different pipe it'll be a Dr.D. if for no other reason that the outstanding customer service.

• greentyler

Posted September 11, 2007 - 06:24 AM

...when the one I received was damaged in shipping.

hahaha

thats awesome.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.