40 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted September 10, 2007 - 06:25 PM

Nice stuff Rick

yea, disposable camera...Just beginners luck. :thumbsup:

• mn519

Posted September 10, 2007 - 07:04 PM

yea, disposable camera...Just beginners luck. :ride:

Well the 'lucky' shot of Townley with MXA in the background is amazing. Its my new screen saver. :thumbsup: Thanks for the pics :bonk:

Langston's results sure do match up well with what he has been saying: That his 08 is way better then his 07. He started doing alot better after getting on that 08.

Yamaha will sell alot of bikes based on that for sure. To bad I know that my 06 is faster then I am anyways, no new bike in my future:bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2007 - 07:09 PM

yea, disposable camera...Just beginners luck. :ride:

I didn't know the D2h was Nikon's disposable model :thumbsup:

They may look stock, but are they really?

And even if they are "stock", which stock are they? (There's three trail specs in the manual: US/CDN/AUS, Euro, and French, each with progressively more trail than the previous)

• 642MX

Posted September 10, 2007 - 07:40 PM

Okay, I live under a rock. How did Langston do at Glen Helen? I know he won the championship, but did he win the over-all too?

• mn519

Posted September 10, 2007 - 07:54 PM

Okay, I live under a rock. How did Langston do at Glen Helen? I know he won the championship, but did he win the over-all too?

Yes he won the overall with a 1-3. It was his 3rd straight overall win.

• 642MX

Posted September 10, 2007 - 07:59 PM

Sweet. Thanks for the update. I need to watch more TV....

• twenty34

Posted September 10, 2007 - 08:06 PM

Well the 'lucky' shot of Townley with MXA in the background is amazing. Its my new screen saver. :thumbsup: Thanks for the pics :ride:

Langston's results sure do match up well with what he has been saying: That his 08 is way better then his 07. He started doing alot better after getting on that 08.

Watching Langston come from way back in the 1st moto was pretty amazing. Allessi was flying the first part of the race and built up a lead quickly. GL just kept plugging along and started to turn it on while then making it look easy. You'll want to watch it on TV this weekend. The track was surreal this year, like I've never seen it.

Even afterwards, the riders were talking about getting scared on the downhills (pros don't scare very easily). I've been to many tracks over the years for the Nationals, including Glen Helen, but this year had downhills so steep, it's hard to describe and pictures just can't do it justice.

p.s. I saved showing the pics for this forum only. I've been using some of them for backgrounds on my PC as well.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 11, 2007 - 04:36 AM

Sweet. Thanks for the update. I need to watch more TV....

speed channel will air this race - here is this weeks schedule

Tuesday : September 11, 2007
9:00 pm AMA Motocross Wortham NR
Thursday : September 13, 2007
Time Program Description Rating
3:00 am AMA Motocross Wortham NR
Saturday : September 15, 2007
9:00 pm AMA Motocross San Bernadino NR
Tuesday : September 18, 2007
9:00 pm AMA Motocross San Bernadino NR
Thursday : September 20, 2007
3:00 am AMA Motocross San Bernadino NR

• nap__kxf

Posted September 11, 2007 - 04:55 AM

WHAT!?!? alessi passed him? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
we were there but we left early so we couldget out of that piss-poor excuse for a parking lot, and langston was up on alessi a good 5 seconds.

Watching Langston come from way back in the 1st moto was pretty amazing. Allessi was flying the first part of the race and built up a lead quickly. GL just kept plugging along and started to turn it on while then making it look easy. You'll want to watch it on TV this weekend. The track was surreal this year, like I've never seen it.

Even afterwards, the riders were talking about getting scared on the downhills (pros don't scare very easily). I've been to many tracks over the years for the Nationals, including Glen Helen, but this year had downhills so steep, it's hard to describe and pictures just can't do it justice.

p.s. I saved showing the pics for this forum only. I've been using some of them for backgrounds on my PC as well.

the first moto was awesome, it was alessi and windham the whole time until windham ate it two turns before that mega triple. but langston was running 1-second faster laps than everyone and he caught up, passed alessi, and walked away.:thumbsup:

• matts06yzf

Posted September 11, 2007 - 05:57 AM

He let Alessi by do you blame him? He still knew he had overall and championship smart move why race someone and chase going down?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2007 - 06:10 AM

speed channel will air this race - here is this weeks schedule

Subtract 3 hours for Pacific time.

• Butta

Posted September 11, 2007 - 06:23 AM

WHAT!?!? alessi passed him? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
we were there but we left early so we couldget out of that piss-poor excuse for a parking lot, and langston was up on alessi a good 5 seconds.

I never understand why people leave before the race is over.....why even go if you are worried about the traffic when leaving??? To each his own, I guess.....

• djtroy

Posted September 11, 2007 - 11:05 AM

I have to say its the only race I tuned into and listened to the live broadcast. I usually only watch the pre race and post race coverage on motocross.com but this was a must see as two titles were wrapped up. I knew Langston was unstoppable with the new 08 Yami.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 11, 2007 - 01:44 PM

Subtract 3 hours for Pacific time.

yea I forget about you westerners.....:thumbsup:

• Joe_Jet

Posted September 11, 2007 - 02:10 PM

They may look stock, but are they really?

I saw the bike close up at Glen Helen on Sat in the pits and also when he first started testing it at Cahuilla. When I first saw him running the stock components at Cahuilla I thought it was just cuz it was his practice bike or the components weren't ready for him to test yet. But, his mechanic said he liked it that way. Also, one of the local suspension guys here said he tried the valving spec he was running and it was really plush!

• todds924

Posted September 11, 2007 - 04:31 PM

I saw the bike close up at Glen Helen on Sat in the pits and also when he first started testing it at Cahuilla. When I first saw him running the stock components at Cahuilla I thought it was just cuz it was his practice bike or the components weren't ready for him to test yet. But, his mechanic said he liked it that way. Also, one of the local suspension guys here said he tried the valving spec he was running and it was really plush!

What pipe was he running on that thing?

• Pukeballs

Posted September 11, 2007 - 05:05 PM

Good for GL! Ol Reedy must be kickin himself right now because he didnt run the nationals this year.

• DPW

Posted September 11, 2007 - 05:12 PM

yea, disposable camera...Just beginners luck. :thumbsup:

wow....disposable camera??...very nice thanks for sharing!

• DPW

Posted September 11, 2007 - 05:15 PM

What pipe was he running on that thing?

I know it's a White Brothers, but no idea what model..not sure if it's offered to the general public yet..

• twenty34

Posted September 11, 2007 - 06:06 PM

wow....disposable camera??...very nice thanks for sharing!

:ride: :bonk: :eek: :thumbsup:

I have many more that I haven't processed as of yet. Glad you like em! It's the least I can do given all that I've gained from the forum.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.