Has Anyone tryed Bel Ray Thumper oil ?

8 replies to this topic
  • PROWLER 58

Posted September 09, 2007 - 07:08 PM

I got a good deal on Bel Ray Thumper semi-synthetic 10W40, so I bought 7 quarts. This is what Ill be using for the next 6 changes. Does anyone use it regularly ? Bob

• xrmarty

Posted September 09, 2007 - 10:18 PM

I used to use it on my XR. I thought it was a pretty good oil. Now I use Rotella as it is recommended by Rekluse.

• WGP

Posted September 10, 2007 - 06:26 AM

I used that oil since day one and have about 6500 miles on my 05WR...valves all still within spec:ride:

It seems to hold up better than other oils with the abuse my bike goes through.

• face_plant

Posted September 10, 2007 - 11:58 AM

we sell alot of it and no complaints

but i run klotz syn 20-50

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted September 10, 2007 - 01:53 PM

I think any Semi - Syn blend is good:thumbsup: I use the Maxima synthetic blend and have been happy with it for a couple years now.

Are they quarts or liters?

Out of curiosity what was the good deal?

• wild west al

Posted September 10, 2007 - 06:49 PM

I have been using thumper oil since i bought my wr400 new in 2000 .I have done a complete rebiuld at 10 000kms and found nothing excessively worn .since then i have done a further 8000km.I change the oil every 5-7 hrs depending on type of rides and think you cant go wrong with any of the latest top line 4 stroke single oils providing you do regular changes as it is more the oil being broken down by the amount of fuel it gets forced down past the rings doing the damage than the oil it self getting over worked ..if that makes any sense .just smell the oil you take from the engine next time you change it

• PROWLER 58

Posted September 11, 2007 - 09:01 AM

I think any Semi - Syn blend is good:thumbsup: I use the Maxima synthetic blend and have been happy with it for a couple years now.

Are they quarts or liters?

Out of curiosity what was the good deal?

8 dollars a liter. Bob

• WGP

Posted September 11, 2007 - 10:00 AM

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/

$5.87 L for a 1/2 case or $5.99 L for 1:busted:

Although $8 is good....the local shop charges 9.95 + Tax :thumbsup:

• andre661

Posted September 14, 2007 - 06:23 PM

I thought you couldnt use any type of synthetic oil due to the wet clutch system. Synthetic oil will make the clutch slip ( or so I heard)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.