Who does the best head work on the West Coast?

6 replies to this topic
  • dirtflea

Posted September 09, 2007 - 02:29 PM

The PIG (XR650L) is in need of some head work. It is evident by the fact that one of the seats for an exhaust valve has come lose and kinda wallered out the head. I was lucky I did not grenade the motor.

Who does the best work? I am not looking for porting and such, just someone who can cut and install new seats and make sure the head is good to go. Thanks for your advise in advance.:thumbsup:

• mgs781

Posted September 09, 2007 - 03:11 PM

I use Engine Dynamics.

MGS

• Rideaide

Posted September 12, 2007 - 03:32 PM

If you are looking for reliable machine work use XR's Only. They do porting, valve jobs,The BIG FIN head, and big bore kits for all XR's. If you do a port job on the XR650L a high compression piston kit is needed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted September 12, 2007 - 03:57 PM

+1 on XR's Only. They have done more of this kind of work than anyone else.

I had two bad seats. A local shop tried to fix it and failed. A few months later I had the engine apart again and I took the head to XR's Only. They fixed it right and it has been working just great ever since.

• AngryShawn

Posted September 12, 2007 - 09:09 PM

+1 for engine dynamics
http://www.enginedynamics.com/
I live in the area and have been to their shop, clean as an operating room and they are very nice folks. They've done two jobs for me so far and I'm quite pleased. They are honest and open about what will get you the most value for your dollar.

• XR4DEZ

Posted September 13, 2007 - 09:27 AM

Foxy Brown, sorry, try Precision Concepts in Temecula or El Cajon.

• Kyron

Posted September 13, 2007 - 09:35 AM

where in ca are you??

I lived in Pacifica and theres alot of good shops in the Bay Area.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.