yz exhaustcam on wr, need help with timing

21 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted September 13, 2007 - 03:47 AM

http://s18.photobuck...0cam_Page_1.jpg can NOT be the right way to put a yz 450 cam on the wr 400 or 426 either.

These instructions have been followed by dozens of TT'ers (including myself) to add the auto decompress feature to the wr400 and wr426 and they are correct.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted September 13, 2007 - 06:15 AM

You also want to remember that the 03 and newer YZ and WR have different heads on them than their older counterparts. The position of the cams will look different in the older head than it does in the newer one. This instruction was generated by trial and error and some educated guessing. It has been successful for a long time and I have not seen any ill effects after following this procedure. This timing setting was where all of the systems worked together the best, I don't believe it is actual YZ or WR timing yet it may fall somewhere in between to get the auto decomp to work properly along with providing the performance gains desired. I hope this helps to explain what is going on here. Bottom line is that it sounds like you have yours timed properly and I think you will be happy with it.

Josh

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.