i almost forgot how much fun riding a 2 stroke is

5 replies to this topic
  • freestyle111

Posted March 11, 2002 - 12:47 AM

i decided to break out my 98kx250 this past weekend.it had been in sitting[buried]in my shed for last 11 months collecting dust.after 45mins.listening to my buddies chugging there beers talking trash about how it probably wont even start.i finally re-arranged enough of the junk in my shed so i could get the bike out and even got lucky it still had 1\2 tank of last years gas.i turned on gas,put air in tires and oiled the chain.then i told my buddys its was not only going to start ready but they were going get to watch me wheelie all the downstreet.then it was like magic i twisted the throttle open 2 or 3 times and gave a mighty kick out came a cloud of smoke as the engine rev'd up.it fired on first kick.i let it warm up for about 45 secs before i kicked it into gear and took off riding that wheelie all the way down the street.it was perfect. i was going to go laugh in all there faces,i turned around and started a wheelie backup the when disaster struck [i should of bled rear brakes]i looped it out.ripping off silencer and shattering rear fender and my pride.i ended up pushing bike home while my buddies rolled around on the floor laughing. anyways,i put a new fender and silencer we went riding the next day.i couldnt believe how much fun it was to be back on that 2 stroke.i had a smile from ear too ear all day long.i dont know if it was because i hadnt been on a 2 stroke in such a long time or if it was cause riding conditions were perfect that day.i just know its was a blast.

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• MX_Tuner

Posted March 11, 2002 - 02:04 AM

I had a customer who bought a new '02 YZ 125 and wanted it set up. I went out yesterday and got it dialed and then did about another ten laps. That bike is way too much fun. I couldn't believe how much hit it had in the midrange for a 125. Yamaha has definitely done their homework with that one! The whole bike worked so nicely.

• Scott_in_KC

Posted March 11, 2002 - 03:49 AM

To me it's the going back & forth between 2 & 4 strokes that is fun. They just have such drastically different characteristics. I think if you rode the 2 stroke for 6 months and stored the 426, you would probably have the same reaction to brute force of the 4 stroke. I'd love to have a two-stroke mx bike to play around on, or even a trials bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted March 11, 2002 - 04:35 AM

give me a YZ250 2 stroke or my trusty CR250 Honda AND an MX track w/ LOTS of jumps!! :)

I would love to ride a bike 30# < than my WR again!

• Rick_Graham

Posted March 11, 2002 - 03:13 PM

Sometimes I positivley pine for my old
can-am :D twin olins shocks and all :)
It was never beutifull but that rotax sure was a nice engine :D

• freestyle111

Posted March 11, 2002 - 03:17 PM

its funny i always brought both bikes riding and would usually switch back and forth during the day and really enjoyed them equally.but last year i got license plate for wr which gave me access to so much more riding terrian i forgot all about my kx250.i wont let that happen again.now i just got to get enough energy to clean junk pile surrounding my kx125.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.