popping/missing

6 replies to this topic
  • kissfan113

Posted September 08, 2007 - 02:51 PM

OK, I got the AIS kit in and am having some troubles, my bike is popping, backfiring, and feels like it is missing in the rpms around 5000-6000, i have done the gray wire mod, as well as opening up the exhaust.... any idea what my problem is... I have a JD jet kit waiting for install.
Kevin

• clark4131

Posted September 08, 2007 - 03:19 PM

You've got jetting problems. Put in the JD kit ASAP...SC

• kissfan113

Posted September 08, 2007 - 05:43 PM

Is there an easy way to go about the jetting.... it looks like a very time consuming and difficult process to get the carb out.... i also have a zip ty fuel screw to add in when i do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted September 08, 2007 - 06:35 PM

Is there an easy way to go about the jetting.... it looks like a very time consuming and difficult process to get the carb out.... i also have a zip ty fuel screw to add in when i do it.

Well, I took the easy way out and had the shop do the install. Bike has run like a champ:thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted September 08, 2007 - 07:01 PM

The new aluminum frame does make it a pain to remove the carb, but it's a skill everyone needs to know as well as how to do the jetting. Unless, of course, you have a trust fund and a mechanic on staff ...SC

• ccoates445

Posted September 08, 2007 - 10:03 PM

Jetting will do it for you fo sho. The carby can stay in the bike though. You just need to loosen up the clamps and twist it a bit for better access. Clark is right as you will eventually need to remove the carb one day but you certainly don't have to tackle that now. The '07 truely has tighter quarters than the older models, but if my big ol' club fisted mitts can do it, anyone can. The JD kit instructions were enough for me, but you may want to go to the jetting tutorial thread as it looks to be quite helpful as well. Cheers

• kissfan113

Posted September 09, 2007 - 03:20 AM

thanks guys, i'll probably start working on a rejet within the next week

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.