learned the hard way

6 replies to this topic
  • aftershock

Posted March 10, 2002 - 09:35 PM

I raced an enduro today and blew a shock seal when I bottomed out off a jump. Part of the course was a section of pavement about 1 mile long so it was real easy to get up a head of steam. I was in 5th WOT and noticed ahead that the trail went left, I let off the gas and hit the front brake, the front end darted left and I went over the bars. Thank God for motorcycle gear it saved my hyde when I slid about 100 ft. I learned the hard way how the front end acts with a blown seal :)

• Rich_Clarke

Posted March 16, 2002 - 08:14 AM

Sorry you got tossed off, hope you are doing ok!

Was it the wild boar enduro?

I Thaught i saw your name on my same minute 57 I
was 57A

• Taffy

Posted March 17, 2002 - 12:13 AM

anyone else from the UK titter at the above comment? :) :D :D

does it have the same meaning in the states? :D :D :D

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted March 17, 2002 - 11:51 AM

:) Taff....you just got a dirty mind ROFL! :D :D :D

• aftershock

Posted March 17, 2002 - 02:19 PM

Not quite Taff but close . Rich,it was the Wild Boar and all is ok just a little scraped up. When I finished sliding, a guy came running up to see if I was ok. I looked at my shreaded chothes and scraped up bike and said I hope so, Fired the bike first kick and said all is good :) and finished the race. Good job on your second place finish. I started this race on the wrong foot. I got to the line 7 minutes late when I thought I was on time (So much for my calculations :D ). Did you get caught up in that cluster before check 2 ? I think I was there for 40 minutes. Doug

• Rich_Clarke

Posted March 18, 2002 - 11:55 PM

Thanks Doug,
Good job to you as well!

Yea i got stuck there at point before check 2
also, made for a long day of no rest trying to
make up time.

See you at the next one (Sawmill)
Rich

• chancer

Posted March 19, 2002 - 12:18 AM

Taffy,
I know what your snickering about. And it was only ice cream. LOL. Just joking with ya! :D :D :D :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.