Radiator cap solution

5 replies to this topic
  • Solo

Posted September 07, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Stock radiator cap is $25. 16PSI Stant #11233 is $9. Unless you're looking for a hi pressure cap you can find the Stant one in stock at just about any auto parts store.

Stock cap is rated 1.1 bar,
1.1 bar = 15.9541512 pounds per square inch

• dustinw

Posted September 07, 2007 - 08:41 PM

Good information right there! Thanks!

• WR_Dave

Posted September 08, 2007 - 06:52 AM

Not to be fussy Solo, 1 bar is 14.5 PSI so the 16 PSI cap is actually a great find for a little added boilover protection. Everyone can download the convert.exe file for free from several websites, this is the one that I used http://joshmadison.c...ftware/convert/ I just keep a shortcut on the desktop to convert almost anything, my wife even uses it to do cook book conversions. :thumbsup:

WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Solo

Posted September 08, 2007 - 01:20 PM

Not to be fussy Solo, 1 bar is 14.5 PSI so the 16 PSI cap is actually a great find for a little added boilover protection. Everyone can download the convert.exe file for free from several websites, this is the one that I used http://joshmadison.c...ftware/convert/ I just keep a shortcut on the desktop to convert almost anything, my wife even uses it to do cook book conversions. :thumbsup:

WR Dave.

Not to be even more fussy but re-read my post. Then go to your converter and tell me what "1.1" bar is. The stock cap is 1.1 bar and 16 PSI is a damn close equivilant. :ride:

I'll forgive you this time. :bonk:

• WR_Dave

Posted September 08, 2007 - 03:54 PM

OOOpps forgot to ener the .1 :thumbsup:

• Solo

Posted September 08, 2007 - 04:41 PM

No worries. I just didn't want everyone running out to buy a $9 stock equivelant cap thinking it was better. It's not better, just a cheap solution. On that note, I rode in the hot AZ desert with my new $9 cheapy cap and it worked great. Burped when it needed to and recovered from the overflow when it cooled down.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.