best spark plug wrench for 04 450

5 replies to this topic
  • btray

Posted September 07, 2007 - 09:16 AM

Bike didnt come with spark plug wrench...what's the best combination of 5/8 deep set socket and extention lenghts...wiggler etc. Going woods riding Sunday and need to take the tool in the back pack just in case.

Thanks Bill

• 642MX

Posted September 07, 2007 - 09:30 AM

I've used a 6 inch SK wobble extention and a normal 5/8 plug socket before. Don't forget to pack the ratchet too. :thumbsup:

• WB450

Posted September 07, 2007 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB450
What are you guys carrying on the trail for plug wrench? Where did you get it?

Motion Pro plug wrench for the YZF. Nice little tool; rubber lined socket, comes with its own swivel extension, and the extension gives you three different options as to what to use to drive it with.

Local Bike Shop item.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • btray

Posted September 07, 2007 - 09:45 AM

yea need the 10mm to take the tank and seat off too.

• NM_KDX200

Posted September 09, 2007 - 01:09 PM

yea need the 10mm to take the tank and seat off too.

Do you HAVE to take the seat and tank off? I tried and tried to get the plug out using the stock plug wrench and couldn't do it. Is there a trick or does the tank have to come off?

• kubamtx

Posted September 09, 2007 - 01:37 PM

The tank has to came of. No other way. Or you've got supernatural
power ;-) If yes please tell me if everything is ok in my engine ;-)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.