Newbie Wheel Question

3 replies to this topic
  • JoeSactown

Posted September 06, 2007 - 03:13 PM

I bought my first dirt bike, a 07 yz450, back in June. Long story short, about a month ago i crashed into a tree going decently fast (higher rpms of third gear), and bent my front rim pretty badly/snapped some spokes.

Are there any good reasons I should just get a pre-built wheel (and if so does anybody recommend going through anybody in particular?) or should I just use the stock hub and bargain hunt the rim/spokes and then pay to have it laced at a local shop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did a forum search and didnt find anything useful.

• Wiz636

Posted September 07, 2007 - 12:14 PM

As long as your hub is not damaged then it would be cheapest to simply find a new rim (ebay) and have it laced up. Hubs are expensive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JoeSactown

Posted September 07, 2007 - 12:32 PM

Thanks. I actually found a smaller shop that would lace a rim for half the price the retail shops would (100 instead of 200). That pretty much made the decision for me.

Is 100 about what I should expect to pay for a set of spokes and nipples?

If it does not apear to have outside damage can I assume the hub is ok?

• JoeSactown

Posted September 07, 2007 - 12:36 PM

Nevermind... The TT has'em cheaper than that...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.