White Brothers XCR

7 replies to this topic
  • Hooter4444

Posted September 06, 2007 - 07:35 AM

Well I just got my new XCR exhaust in and couldn't wait to try it out. The instructions were very good and the install only took a few min (woulda been really fast had I not been searching for a dropped bolt) and it went together nicely. I fired the pig up and it sounded great. The XCR produces a nice deep tone with the arrestor in. I have never heard a White Brothers pipe on another L, but I have heard the E2 on a Yamaha Raptor and the tone is very similar. I took a spin down the road and I was amazed at the performance increase! No more throttle lag, and almost no decel pop and I have a stock carb with no mods.

On the way home I suddenly heard the bike get noticeably louder and thought nothing of it having only a few miles on the new pipe. When I got back to the house I saw my spark arrestor was missing. After an hour or so of searching the area where it happened, I returned home empty handed. The pipe without the spark arrestor is quite abit louder, but the performance increase is noticable. As I ride in BLM and USFS areas where they do check for arrestors and noise levels, riding without is not an option and I like to have a quieter machine anyhow.

I called White Brothers to see what they would be able to do for me if anything. I talked to Josh, and after 20 seconds of conversation he is sending a new spark arresor to me. He did advise to check the bolt for tightness before a ride. I have to give a big kudos to Josh at White Brothers for his customer service. There was no questions or a hard time, just a simple solution.:thumbsup:

Based on the customer service alone I would recommened White Brothers to everyone. With the ease of installation, the performance the choice is a no brainer.

:ride:

• martinfan30

Posted September 06, 2007 - 08:50 AM

good too see another positive feedback for another company making good with its cust.

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 06, 2007 - 11:13 AM

Well I just got my new XCR exhaust in and couldn't wait to try it out. The instructions were very good and the install only took a few min (woulda been really fast had I not been searching for a dropped bolt) and it went together nicely. I fired the pig up and it sounded great. The XCR produces a nice deep tone with the arrestor in. I have never heard a White Brothers pipe on another L, but I have heard the E2 on a Yamaha Raptor and the tone is very similar. I took a spin down the road and I was amazed at the performance increase! No more throttle lag, and almost no decel pop and I have a stock carb with no mods.

On the way home I suddenly heard the bike get noticeably louder and thought nothing of it having only a few miles on the new pipe. When I got back to the house I saw my spark arrestor was missing. After an hour or so of searching the area where it happened, I returned home empty handed. The pipe without the spark arrestor is quite abit louder, but the performance increase is noticable. As I ride in BLM and USFS areas where they do check for arrestors and noise levels, riding without is not an option and I like to have a quieter machine anyhow.

I called White Brothers to see what they would be able to do for me if anything. I talked to Josh, and after 20 seconds of conversation he is sending a new spark arresor to me. He did advise to check the bolt for tightness before a ride. I have to give a big kudos to Josh at White Brothers for his customer service. There was no questions or a hard time, just a simple solution.:thumbsup:

Based on the customer service alone I would recommened White Brothers to everyone. With the ease of installation, the performance the choice is a no brainer.

:eek:

I have the XCR too...it's nice. :ride: Hey a good betting contest is to see how long you can go before the feds realize it's missing!!!!:bonk:

Geo

• Hooter4444

Posted September 06, 2007 - 07:09 PM

I have the XCR too...it's nice. :thumbsup: Hey a good betting contest is to see how long you can go before the feds realize it's missing!!!!:ride:

Geo

Not too long here, most of the good riding areas are patrolled heavily, and they do inspections at the trailheads:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • trippinwilly

Posted September 08, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Can anyone post a pic of this pipe on their XRL. I have looked all over the net, but can't seem to find one. I want to know how far it sticks out. Thanks-

James

• AtomicGeo

Posted September 08, 2007 - 02:34 PM

Can anyone post a pic of this pipe on their XRL. I have looked all over the net, but can't seem to find one. I want to know how far it sticks out. Thanks-

James

Yeah, here's the pipe on my bike. It comes to about the same length as the stock pipe.

http://i218.photobuc...igeo/XR650L.jpg

Geo

• Hooter4444

Posted September 08, 2007 - 03:23 PM

Just a little follow-up, White Brothers overnighted the spark arrestor to me, so the customer service rating is now through the roof:worthy:

• trippinwilly

Posted September 08, 2007 - 07:45 PM

Yeah, here's the pipe on my bike. It comes to about the same length as the stock pipe.

http://i218.photobuc...igeo/XR650L.jpg

Geo

Thanks for the pic! :thumbsup: I think I am going to order it on eBay right now.
Thanks again-

James

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.