Show me your dual sported WR....

90 replies to this topic
  • jpoehls

Posted December 01, 2007 - 09:29 AM

I am fortunate with a double door walkout basement to keep my baby in one of my spare basement rooms when it is cold, or I want to do some wrenching. I rolled it out of the room for the pictures.

To answer the question on the fender above. I am not sure this is a YZ fender. Is their a way I can tell? I will look for you if you tell me what to look for? I purchased the bike new, and purchased the Q4 pipe, AIS removal, skid plate, Accerbis hand guards, and the baja-kit at the same time. They did all the free mods, greasing, new air intake setup, JD jetting, and installation for $350; which was a good deal considering I got the bike for over a grand under asking price. She roared out of the dealer. The dealer had a WR250 on the show-room floor with the baja kit and this signal placement. Frankly, I do not really like where the rear turn signals are placed, but if they went to the rear, they would have melted with the Q4 exhaust blowing on it (I saw I bike it a prior post that had a flasher in front of the exhaust).

After riding this bike and laying it down several times performing (or attempting) various feats, I have come to really like the placement of the rear blinkers. They have never bent, or been touched. I have layed this bike down at least a couple dozen times (most of the time going up or down rocky hills). Now that I say all this, I will probably break one next time I go down (knock on wood!). I installed the Unabiker radiator guards and the IronMan sprockets. The radiator guards have saved me many times in the rocks.

I will bring her back into the basement this winter and grease her up. I am thinking of installing a zipty and accelerator pump for the heck of it. Don't know why because it runs perfect, so I may not, just a thought. But I like the thought of adjustment in case I go somewhere well below my current elevation.

• SXP

Posted December 01, 2007 - 11:26 AM

I am fortunate with a double door walkout basement to keep my baby in one of my spare basement rooms when it is cold, or I want to do some wrenching. I rolled it out of the room for the pictures.

To answer the question on the fender above. I am not sure this is a YZ fender. Is their a way I can tell? I will look for you if you tell me what to look for? I purchased the bike new, and purchased the Q4 pipe, AIS removal, skid plate, Accerbis hand guards, and the baja-kit at the same time. They did all the free mods, greasing, new air intake setup, JD jetting, and installation for $350; which was a good deal considering I got the bike for over a grand under asking price. She roared out of the dealer. The dealer had a WR250 on the show-room floor with the baja kit and this signal placement. Frankly, I do not really like where the rear turn signals are placed, but if they went to the rear, they would have melted with the Q4 exhaust blowing on it (I saw I bike it a prior post that had a flasher in front of the exhaust).

After riding this bike and laying it down several times performing (or attempting) various feats, I have come to really like the placement of the rear blinkers. They have never bent, or been touched. I have layed this bike down at least a couple dozen times (most of the time going up or down rocky hills). Now that I say all this, I will probably break one next time I go down (knock on wood!). I installed the Unabiker radiator guards and the IronMan sprockets. The radiator guards have saved me many times in the rocks.

I will bring her back into the basement this winter and grease her up. I am thinking of installing a zipty and accelerator pump for the heck of it. Don't know why because it runs perfect, so I may not, just a thought. But I like the thought of adjustment in case I go somewhere well below my current elevation.

On closer inspection of the 3rd pic it is a WR fender (note the blue "pocket" for the CDI behind the coolant reservoir). I don't believe the YZ fenders have that.

• tweav

Posted December 02, 2007 - 03:36 PM

so do you guy's still want to see a h4 modded light?

oops sorry wrong thread.

• SXP

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:20 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Nostalgic

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:47 PM

Very nice SXP. Where did you get those shroud decals?

• SXP

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:56 PM

Very nice SXP. Where did you get those shroud decals?

They were on the bike when I bought it. They are by Factory Effex.

• Birdy426

Posted December 02, 2007 - 09:53 PM

SXP-
Nice ride! Did you go with a 426 rod when you did the 444 conversion? Also, what kind of tank is that and how much does it hold? Looks a bit cleaner and lower than my IMS 3.4 gal.

Thanks for the info...
Birdy

• SXP

Posted December 02, 2007 - 10:56 PM

SXP-
Nice ride! Did you go with a 426 rod when you did the 444 conversion? Also, what kind of tank is that and how much does it hold? Looks a bit cleaner and lower than my IMS 3.4 gal.

Thanks for the info...
Birdy

I shipped the stock crank off to Eric Gorr and he rebuilt it with a rod with a larger small end - can't remember what brand. But, that was a couple of years ago and I don't believe he rebuilds cranks anymore as he sold his crank rebuilding equipment.

The tank is a 3.2G Clarke.

• johnnyjeep

Posted December 03, 2007 - 12:59 AM

Here is mine with the 6.6 gal on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here is one moving
Posted Image

John in Vegas

• Colorado Mike

Posted March 29, 2008 - 06:02 PM

Does any one know where I can get a license plate holder/bracket for a 2007 WR450F? I see a couple pix with holders but none on the 07 WR450? Would be ever gratefully for the direction.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Colorado Mike

Posted March 29, 2008 - 06:15 PM

I see your 07 WR450 has a license plate holder. I would love to know where you got it and can you buy just the holder, alone.

Thanks,
Mike

• motoxer667

Posted March 30, 2008 - 09:05 AM

Check out these guys for the taillight/license plate holder

http://www.sicassracing.com/main.htm

• motoxer667

Posted March 30, 2008 - 09:09 AM

Here is mine. Although it is a '01 YZ 426 it is dual sported

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Colorado Mike

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:41 AM

M,
Thanks for the info...I'll give them a call/look.

• motoxer667

Posted March 31, 2008 - 03:20 PM

M,
Thanks for the info...I'll give them a call/look.

I was checking my bike out last night and found the tail light not working, but the brake light worked. I found a wire broken on the tail light socket. It was the original Electrex tail light. So I had to order one of these LED tail lights last night. I should have it tomorrow. :prof:

Posted Image

• dugabrams

Posted March 31, 2008 - 04:05 PM

I was checking my bike out last night and found the tail light not working, but the brake light worked. I found a wire broken on the tail light socket. It was the original Electrex tail light. So I had to order one of these LED tail lights last night. I should have it tomorrow. :prof:

Posted Image

I have that one and the only bad thing I would say is mud has found it's way into the LED's. I think it got through where the wire penetrates and it's not easy to clean out. Maybe add some silicon

• motoxer667

Posted March 31, 2008 - 05:49 PM

I have that one and the only bad thing I would say is mud has found it's way into the LED's. I think it got through where the wire penetrates and it's not easy to clean out. Maybe add some silicon

Thanks for the tip I will do that:ride:

• Alternative

Posted April 01, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Here's my '02 426
Posted Image

• Morty

Posted April 01, 2008 - 08:03 PM

Here's mine if you have not already seen it else where.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also have a 2007 wr450f and I love the plate/rear signal holder you put on yours, where did you get it,?I got myself the same rear rack also nice piece. I laid my bike down last weekend on some ice and not a scratch

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 01, 2008 - 08:13 PM

Posted Image

This is the one I use. It is definitely very durable. I know that for a fact :bonk:

But it is not very bright at all. If you are at all concerned about being seen, from behind, don't use this one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.