starter problem

2 replies to this topic
  • 450chris

Posted September 06, 2007 - 04:27 AM

last nite i was trying to fit a hidden kill switch on my 06 wr450. there were 4 cables goin into the ignition switch behind the headlight so i opened it to see which cables to cut into. 2 wires were for the switch and 2 for the led to show the switch is on. i accidently touched a solder of the switch with a solder of the led with my circuit tester.i heard a pop and the led went out n when i push the starter nothing happens. however when the switch is on i can kick start it. i checked 2 fuses at the battery and theyre fine. please tell me i havnt cocked it up cus the bike is 2 weeks old.ne ideas neone?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 00 Kracker 00

Posted September 06, 2007 - 04:35 AM

Maybe you fried the Solenoid . If the fuses are all ok.

• 450chris

Posted September 06, 2007 - 04:50 AM

how much is a replacement

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.