If not now, VERY SOON!

6 replies to this topic
  • eastreich

Posted September 05, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Take a look at the new for '08 TRX.

http://www.hondanews...34/photos/15618

That is a 650R based motor with e-start!

• martinfan30

Posted September 05, 2007 - 09:04 PM

if i were a quad guy, this one would be in my garage!

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted September 05, 2007 - 10:09 PM

if i were a quad guy, this one would be in my garage!

I'm not a quad guy either, but I did put one of these in my garage (700R, F.I.):

Posted Image

It's all for ya-ya's...it brings me closer to my monkey roots. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • akuleboat

Posted September 06, 2007 - 12:01 AM

Fuel Injected too - When are they going to put this engine set up in a XR650R replacement bike???/

• HawkGT

Posted September 06, 2007 - 01:10 AM

I doubt the bottom end can be used for anything else. It has an unusual chain location for the independent rear suspension: "...Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design..."

I really wish this quad was more Raptor-like. It seems like it's designed purpose is almost more KFX700-like than Raptor-like. I was hoping for a lightweight dune monster--basically a TRX450R except big displacement. Time will tell where the TRX700XX fits into the marketplace. From my perspective, I think Honda missed the boat on this one. That really irritates me because a Raptor 700 with better styling, manufactured by Honda is the quad I (and lots of people I know) really want.

:thumbsup:

TRX700XX
Posted Image

I wish they had taken that EFI 686cc engine and put it in something more like this (TRX450R)
Posted Image

I guess I shouldn't be too judgmental until we see how it actually performs. There better be a way to get rid of all the plastic on the front though. It's fat and ugly looking as-is from the angle pictured, IMO.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted September 06, 2007 - 06:44 AM

I doubt the bottom end can be used for anything else. It has an unusual chain location for the independent rear suspension: "...Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design..."

IRS will be interesting. It is much more complex (CV-joint axles, etc.) than a straight axle, but gives a very different and more tractable riding style. For what I got a quad for, the straight axle is the way to go---it makes for very entertaining antics, especially when driven by a big-bore. :bonk:

I really wish this quad was more Raptor-like. It seems like it's designed purpose is almost more KFX700-like than Raptor-like. I was hoping for a lightweight dune monster--basically a TRX450R except big displacement.

Time will tell where the TRX700XX fits into the marketplace. From my perspective, I think Honda missed the boat on this one. That really irritates me because a Raptor 700 with better styling, manufactured by Honda is the quad I (and lots of people I know) really want.

Looks like a KFX700/700R contention, to me. This class isn't for racing, or technical trails---they are just capable, light (for their displacement), VERY powerful, fun machines. IMO, dunes need displacement, and any of these 3 will fit the bill, and with only a few modifications. For alightweight monster, there's always the Banshee. :eek:

I guess I shouldn't be too judgmental until we see how it actually performs. There better be a way to get rid of all the plastic on the front though. It's fat and ugly looking as-is from the angle pictured, IMO.

Ugly plastic? Sawzall solves all! :ride:

Looks like the lower half of the front plastic is a bumper, like the 700R has in the pic, above. To me, all the big bore quads look kind of "hulking". What matters is your superglued on grin when you whack the throttle open. :eek: :thumbsup: As a Honda fan, I bet it is a success.

• rm298z

Posted September 06, 2007 - 04:43 PM

I sure hope a CRF700R comes out soon, I'd buy one. Otherwise KTM might give honda a run for their money.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.