rear fender for 05 wr450

7 replies to this topic
  • volsfan1

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:38 PM

I have an 05 WR450, with the original rear fender. Does anyone know if I can change it out with an 07 rear fender?? If not, would an 05 YZ rear fender fit it. Thanks for the help.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 06, 2007 - 01:16 PM

I have an 05 WR450, with the original rear fender. Does anyone know if I can change it out with an 07 rear fender?? If not, would an 05 YZ rear fender fit it. Thanks for the help.

You need pre 06' YZ fender, the Aluminum framed models are different. You should be good with an 03' to 05' YZ fender.:thumbsup:

• markturbo

Posted September 07, 2007 - 06:33 AM

I just bought a UFO rear fender for a 2005 YZF450 to mount on my 2006 WR450 and it bolts on no problem.

The 06 and up YZ is not a direct bolt on to the 2006 WR. But I know a guy who did mount one to his, he had to make a couple mounts but the overall fit is pretty good and it looks awesome on it.

• face_plant

Posted September 07, 2007 - 10:50 AM

i use the 05 yz and just cut the hole for the overflow tank

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted September 07, 2007 - 07:19 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I dont know if it was just mine that was different
But the YZ fender is not as thick as the stock WR fender which allows the light to bounce around some. Im thinking the YZ fenders isnt made to support the weight of a light and plate[/COLOR]

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted September 08, 2007 - 06:05 AM

I put an '05 YZF fender on mine and with some minor trimming it fit perfect. Maxpower is right, the new one isn't as thick as the original. I'm looking for an '07 WR taillight, I think it wound look good mounted on this fender. Here's a pic of the new fender w/o the light...

Posted Image

• face_plant

Posted September 08, 2007 - 08:33 AM

http://www.wheelingc...egory&cat_id=72
i got the edge 2
when i learn to post pics here i will

• Face plant

Posted September 15, 2007 - 03:37 PM

i use the 05 yz and just cut the hole for the overflow tank

You're spot on with that. I just cut the holes for the catch tank and in she went. Perfect.
...........How do we get to have the same name on here?????

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.