wr450F 2007 sprokets

7 replies to this topic
  • 2005eulerr

Posted September 05, 2007 - 04:14 AM

Wich sizes of sprokets, can we get the best of this bike, keeping its natural features! ( keep the factory ratio, or change it?):thumbsup:
Good ride!:

• suzukipoo

Posted September 05, 2007 - 06:48 AM

I currently run the std 13/50 and 1st gear is a little to low and will need some more top-end in 5th so next sprokets will be a 13/47 that will be the ideal not to much for 1st gear but 5th will be a little longer! It tops out at 142km/h(std) and 151km/h(13/47) according to my gear calc!

• tribalbc

Posted September 05, 2007 - 06:52 AM

I dropped down to a 12 tooth on the front.
The bike revs out way faster especially through the first 3 gears. You hit the rev limiter pretty fast. 4th and 5th still stretch out pretty good though. I only loose 5km/h on cruising speed on the road and 5-8km/h top speed.

But I do 90% of my riding in the woods and this setup kills it. Used to have trouble coming from a tight spot to a big hill and being able to pull second up the hill. Ton's of clutch abuse and feathering. Now a little clutch at the bottom and she pulls second like a champ all the way up.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:47 AM

I dropped down to a 12 tooth on the front.
The bike revs out way faster especially through the first 3 gears. You hit the rev limiter pretty fast. 4th and 5th still stretch out pretty good though. I only loose 5km/h on cruising speed on the road and 5-8km/h top speed.

But I do 90% of my riding in the woods and this setup kills it. Used to have trouble coming from a tight spot to a big hill and being able to pull second up the hill. Ton's of clutch abuse and feathering. Now a little clutch at the bottom and she pulls second like a champ all the way up.

I too went with the 12T C/S but unless I am riding very slow tight and technical I found it to be too low, if not for racing I would probably leave it on there but after 1 race and 3 or 4 rides I just switched bact to the 13T.

I really all depends on what typr of riding terrain you find yourself in most:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan250

Posted September 05, 2007 - 09:57 PM

I was also thinking of dropping down to 12 T but sounds like too big of drop.
Has anyone tried a 52 in the rear and will the stock chain fit. I think 51 should, but might not be a noticeable difference.

• tribalbc

Posted September 06, 2007 - 07:42 AM

I just find I ride most trails a gear higher than usual with the choice of an ultra low 1st gear.For me it also puts second in a more useable spot for tight trail's, between stock first and second. I'm never using my top end of fifth in the riding I do anyways. For the $20 cost of a CT it worth a try.

SJMC_DON what are your race's/ terrain like? I've never ridden down in Washington but I would expect you to have a lot of tight woods like up here :thumbsup:
Getting over third gear in the woods here is seriously wide open :ride:

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 06, 2007 - 09:47 AM

SJMC_DON what are your race's/ terrain like? I've never ridden down in Washington but I would expect you to have a lot of tight woods like up here :thumbsup:
Getting over third gear in the woods here is seriously wide open :ride:

Free riding varies but it is primarily tight and technical, occasionally we are in the desert over in Eastern WA.

My decision to go back to the 13T C/S was based on racing... a dead engine start coming off the line in 2nd gear was too low, the front end was hard to keep on the ground. Alot of our races are GP's where you have the 4th and 5th gear sections. I've also found that with the 13T C/S I keep better momentum in the single track portions of the racing.

If I was not racing I would probably keep the 12T on there:thumbsup:

• 2005eulerr

Posted September 06, 2007 - 11:24 AM

:thumbsup: You mean, 12/50? sounds like more agressive, in old times on 2strokes I usually did that, less on front sproket. The front wheel always on the air easily:eek: I think I will try it! Thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.