Question about xr600 stator. Will this fit?

4 replies to this topic
  • ysr50speed

Posted September 04, 2007 - 05:50 PM

I have a bad stator on my xr600. I was going to rewind if but ran into this stator.
http://www.barnumspr...A-XR600-/Detail

This xr600 I just bought has been converted to street legal so it has all the lights. I was thinking about just getting this stator if it will fit becuase I can get a discount at my work on it. However it says that it fits all years. To my understanding my year (1989) isn't the same as ones past 1991. So my question is will this fit and will I have to do anything else to the bike to put this on? Thanks for any help

• e7navy1999

Posted November 11, 2008 - 05:43 AM

Honda relized that the pre 1986 stator with only one spark lobe had some start issues. The newer 1991 stator has two spark lobes. You will need a longer mm bolt to replace one of the three when you install it. The degree of placement is about 33 degrees out but that does not matter as the cdi times it all out ok

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted November 11, 2008 - 07:35 PM

You can get the same 200W unit from rickystator for $20 less...

• e7navy1999

Posted November 12, 2008 - 04:10 AM

I bought my stator from Ricky Stator. It rocks! The spark is so strong you can hear a crack sound. It also comes with an extra 100 watt light circuit for some real added lums. I did not have to do anything special to install it. It just pops in and you plug in the wires to the ac rectifier under your Honda seat. Ricky Stator also sell the OEM gasket for about 600% less then Honda dealers. I plan to put extra lights on later this winter...was thinking dual car head lights like the pics shown on the Ricky web site

• Coolidge

Posted November 13, 2008 - 08:12 AM

Like these?
Posted Image

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.