Anyone using the GYTR muffler/header? UPDATE!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • Summit

Posted September 04, 2007 - 01:35 PM

I dented my stock header and haven't had any luck fixing it so I was thinking about getting the GYTR stainless header and muffler. As long as I need a new header may as well spend a little more and get one that will give me a little gain. I already have the PMB insert and if it wasn't for denting the stock header, I'd just stay where I am. The dent isn't huge and I'll probably ride it for a while anyway. I suppose a jetting change would be in order with the GYTR pipe change??

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 04, 2007 - 03:40 PM

Two things....

1. The stock Ti header responds real well to the freezer trick.. do a search on dented headers and you'll find it, I can testify that it works:thumbsup:

2. GYTR stuff seems to me to be over priced, the FMF Stainless Steel Power Bomb will give the gains..(SX down low, MX mid to high), anyway I had the SS SX on my 04' for two years and never dented it, the Stainless Steel models are tough as nails and while I can't speak to the price comparison I'd be willing to bet it's less expensive than the GYTR.

You'll want to richen things up a "little" with a performance header

• tweav

Posted September 04, 2007 - 03:56 PM

I have the fmf I really like it . it is cheaper then the gytr pipe and works great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Summit

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:24 AM

I tried the freeze fix but it didn't work very well. I tried it several times with varying levels of water, it may have pushed it out a little. Took it to a muffler shop where they tried to cap the ends, heat the dent area and pushed compressed air into the pipe....didn't work either. THink I'll just get another factory header and try to fix the old one myself for a spare. I was thinking of drilling a 1/4" or so hole opposite the dent and heating the dent area and pushing it out with something through the drilled hole then welding the hole????

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:43 AM

I tried the freeze fix but it didn't work very well. I tried it several times with varying levels of water, it may have pushed it out a little. Took it to a muffler shop where they tried to cap the ends, heat the dent area and pushed compressed air into the pipe....didn't work either. THink I'll just get another factory header and try to fix the old one myself for a spare. I was thinking of drilling a 1/4" or so hole opposite the dent and heating the dent area and pushing it out with something through the drilled hole then welding the hole????

It's Titanium...... I don't crap about welding but make sure it can be welded before you do that.. it's also the same reason I would go out and buy a Stainless Steel unit, the stock Ti headers dent easy especially when hot...

• Summit

Posted September 13, 2007 - 06:15 PM

Update: Well I got the GYT-R header and muffler and just finished installing it. Had I known that the header fits the stock muffler I wouldn't have bought the muffler...oh well. I took it for a short ride....oh my gosh, what power!! Considerably louder though, that part I don't like. I can't believe the power though.....this thing is an animal!! SO if any of you were wondering if the GYT-R pipe works.......YES it does.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.