Moving to a quieter pipe

9 replies to this topic
  • AMG_Eric

Posted September 04, 2007 - 01:06 PM

yes i did the search. 05 plated wr450 all free mods done. rejetted and new needle.

currently i have a big gun that is loud as heck. it has fresh packing and it has a baffle still loud as loud can be. last month we went to shaver lake and went rock crawling. not to smart but hey what is done is done. i smashed up the header pipe pretty bad.

so my ? is who makes the best combo for the best price? i want to be around the 96db so i wont get hassled in the future and i obviously need to get a header and the muffler.

i have seen the fmf. a yoshimura pipe was recommended as well. i trust all of you more then a few wiseacres i know.

what do you all think?

• trailordune

Posted September 04, 2007 - 01:38 PM

FMF Q4 w/ stainless powerbomb headpipe. The sx version will give you the best pull down low, mx more on top.

• AMG_Eric

Posted September 04, 2007 - 02:02 PM

idb? was looking at that.

is it true you have to order a separate part to get it down to

• bmeador

Posted September 04, 2007 - 02:32 PM

The only pipe to use is a LEO VINCE!!! 95db 4-5 horsepower increase, exellent durability and great fit and finish! Plus it comes with 3 or 4 different inserts and a spark arrester!

• AMG_Eric

Posted September 04, 2007 - 02:38 PM

FMF Q4 w/ stainless powerbomb headpipe. The sx version will give you the best pull down low, mx more on top.

is the mega bomb a better way to go over a power bomb?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ripper1

Posted September 04, 2007 - 08:14 PM

I have the Q2 with the powerbomb header. It is quiet, and pulls hard well past midrange. I'm sure the Q4 would be the same.

• trailordune

Posted September 04, 2007 - 08:27 PM

The megabomb is more of a top end headpipe. It is shorter overall and the megabomb is to compensate and give a little boost to the low and mid. Just depends where you want the power. I started with an FMF ti powercore w/ stock headpipe and it pulled hard all the way to the rev limiter. I then put on the powerbomb and noticed a big shift in the power. It now chugs and pulls very hard down low and through the mid and tapers off a little earlier on top.

• Fullbore4

Posted September 04, 2007 - 10:23 PM

The megabomb is more of a top end headpipe. It is shorter overall and the megabomb is to compensate and give a little boost to the low and mid. Just depends where you want the power. I started with an FMF ti powercore w/ stock headpipe and it pulled hard all the way to the rev limiter. I then put on the powerbomb and noticed a big shift in the power. It now chugs and pulls very hard down low and through the mid and tapers off a little earlier on top.

I agree.......I used to think the fmf powerbomb header didn't give much boost but I have used it lately and it definitely boosts low end and decreases noise by at least a few decibels.

• eissinger4

Posted September 05, 2007 - 06:09 AM

I've got a stock 05 YZ450F pipe on my 06 WR450. It's quiet, and increases power quite a bit. It was free, too. Someone was throwing it away!! I had a $400 Pro-Circuit on there before, but I ended up ditching it for the stocker.

• RickSanson

Posted September 05, 2007 - 06:29 AM

I bought the FMF Ti Power Core can from Rocky Mountain ($249) and the "Quiet Core" insert. Pretty quiet I gotta say!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.