New XR650L

10 replies to this topic
  • Irwin

Posted September 04, 2007 - 03:49 AM

Just bought, this Honda really pops a lot on deceleration. I want to leave the bike stock for now to avoid any warranty issues. But I would like to richen up the mix to stop the pop. The Idle screw has a tab on it. What's the best approach to richen her up?

• goblin127

Posted September 04, 2007 - 04:36 AM

Ritchen her up. Best mods to do are the Daves Mods. Do a search. I would not wory about the warranty on this one . Oh and smog removal.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted September 04, 2007 - 07:51 AM

What I did was, I left the tab on the screw, and filed the tab on the bowl- that left me with the tab on the screw as an indicator/handle.

A small file, and you can file the bowl on the bike.

Dave

• martinfan30

Posted September 04, 2007 - 08:54 AM

congrats on yer new pig! this site is full of good info on modding/fixing these bikes. :thumbsup:

• Irwin

Posted September 04, 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thanks Guys, I'll be filing tonight

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • timathub

Posted September 05, 2007 - 12:09 AM

I just bought mine in may and its popping a lot also so i think i'll be filing as well.

• martinfan30

Posted September 05, 2007 - 09:46 AM

I just bought mine in may and its popping a lot also so i think i'll be filing as well.

you should also rejet/shim the needle at the same time.

• Irwin

Posted September 09, 2007 - 06:14 AM

Filing of the bowl is done and the bike is much happier now. Also put on the Performance design lowering link. Whoo hooo I can feel the ground again.

Thanks for the help

• Huffa 2

Posted September 09, 2007 - 10:08 AM

Filing of the bowl is done and the bike is much happier now. Also put on the Performance design lowering link. Whoo hooo I can feel the ground again.

Thanks for the help

After lowering the rear, did you raise the forks in the triple clamps then to lower the front ?

• Irwin

Posted September 09, 2007 - 02:27 PM

Yes, lowered the front just over and inch, handles great.

• T-Doshi9

Posted September 09, 2007 - 06:43 PM

daves mod and removal of the smog/charcoal canister..... it will take that pop right off. i posted a great link for daves mods and the removal about a week ago... search for my post and its very easy.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.