Mounting 03 WR450 Stock Tripmeter

7 replies to this topic
  • Jcorwin

Posted September 03, 2007 - 10:05 AM

Hi,

I've looked for pictures, diagrams in the manual etc but I can't find out where the stock tripmeter gets mounted? I know its behind the light, left hand side of your facing the bike but after that nothing I'm looking at makes sense? If you have a pic you could share I would appreciate it?

Thanks

• Gandalf_WR450

Posted September 03, 2007 - 10:24 AM

Will try to get a pic today of mounting.

• Jcorwin

Posted September 04, 2007 - 05:13 AM

That would be great - thanks!

• MxnDoc

Posted September 04, 2007 - 08:58 AM

It actually mounts to the right side behind the light.
Doc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jcorwin

Posted September 05, 2007 - 03:00 AM

Doc - that part I get but mounts to what I can figure out? I bought the bike with the the meter off so I can't seem to figure out what it mounts to?

• Gandalf_WR450

Posted September 05, 2007 - 06:36 PM

Not the best pics-tough to get close ups-Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

first is from right of forks, behind headlight
second is from left looking over bars
third is looking down at odometer
hope this helps.

• Jcorwin

Posted September 06, 2007 - 02:33 AM

Helps a bunch - thanks for doing that! It mounts on the bottom not the top as I was thinking. Thanks again I really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

• Jcorwin

Posted September 07, 2007 - 06:23 AM

OK The plot is still thick - is it normal when the tripmeter is mounted to have to force the headlight (plastic frame) back in to place? Basically the way it is now I have to slightly bow each side to get the bolts to go in to the healight frame. Just the way it is?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.