New XRL need bars

11 replies to this topic
  • heavyhitter

Posted September 03, 2007 - 08:35 AM

After much reading and thought. I got a fantastic condition 2000 XR650L.
Its pretty stock except kenda 270's and Daves mod and Jet. I can tell already Im a gonna do alot to it. Probably @ $1000 in mods.
First mods will be stiffer springs, bars, corbin seat and exhaust. Then later 1mm over bigbore and Clarke tank, then maybe all black plastics.

Does anyone have the hight, rise sweep etc of the stock bar?

• Frank ZX

Posted September 03, 2007 - 09:23 AM

Most people like the CR high bend,I don't know if the stock bend can be identified.Hope this helps

• heavyhitter

Posted September 03, 2007 - 11:11 AM

Most people like the CR high bend,I don't know if the stock bend can be identified.Hope this helps

CR high bend looks like a 95mm high bar. Is that the popular one?

• radbrad48

Posted October 01, 2007 - 08:40 AM

I just got a set of Pro Tapers CR high bend bars. Not much differents between the low and high bend. They are very comfortable and were $20 less than Renthals. I like them.

• jonr3

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:14 AM

I was trying to find some aftermarket bars for my 2000 that matched the stock ones. I ended up buying Scott's custom Renthal CR high-bends. They have about the same sweep and bend but are about 1/2 inch taller. The main reason I bought them was so that I can add a Scott's steering damper at a later date. The 1/2 inch height is barely noticable when seated, (I'm 5' 10")but a big help when riding on the pegs.

• martinfan30

Posted October 01, 2007 - 09:17 AM

you may consider the roxspeed 2" RISERS. they give a TON of adjustment and better feel, especially when standing.

click to enlarge.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • heavyhitter

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:25 AM

Yea I should have added to this I already but in TAG Factory bend and I like them very much

• Denn10

Posted October 01, 2007 - 10:32 AM

I use CR high cuz i like the bars with less sweep back and cr highs are pretty straight, there are others straighter but once you have a set of Tapers they will last you MANY years and many bikes so make sure you like the bend. I have seen the 3/4 inch bolts that hold the bar mounts to an applied triple clamp bend and the bars were perfect, if that dont tell ya how strong the 1 1/8 bars are today then i dont know what will.

• heavyhitter

Posted October 01, 2007 - 01:07 PM

I use CR high cuz i like the bars with less sweep back and cr highs are pretty straight, there are others straighter but once you have a set of Tapers they will last you MANY years and many bikes so make sure you like the bend. I have seen the 3/4 inch bolts that hold the bar mounts to an applied triple clamp bend and the bars were perfect, if that dont tell ya how strong the 1 1/8 bars are today then i dont know what will.

Tag factory bend has like 2 or 3mm less rise than CR high and less sweep than the CR high. The sweep is what I hated. Im very happy with this bar, not in love with it but it is very good.

• Denn10

Posted October 01, 2007 - 01:33 PM

thats all that matters if you like it, bars are like comfy skidders GOTTA HAVE'EM

• Captain Midnight

Posted January 22, 2008 - 12:51 AM

I make bars, any bend, no risers needed. Chrome-moly, won't bend, don't need a crossbar.

• absynth01

Posted January 22, 2008 - 05:25 AM

Went with the ROX anti-vibe to 1 1/8 bar mount with CR high bend Fatbar Renthals. I like it a LOT better than stock. There is a lot of adjustment with the ROX, but I haven't wiped hard yet with em either. I do have a clutch cable issue using that setup, but that is expected raising your riding position!

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.