Hey guys

6 replies to this topic
  • weskc35k

Posted September 03, 2007 - 02:37 AM

Been out of the scene for a while.
Been for two rides in 7 months because of work.
The juicy bit am sticking my USD's from either my CRF500 4stroke or CRF450X on to my BRP this weekend and then i'll know for myself and if it sux i'll swap em back.
Also mild porting,decking the head and shaving a lb from the fly.
Anyhoo i'll let ya know.
Any info appreciated.
later guys

• iestrada

Posted September 03, 2007 - 08:40 AM

Man, i had the port work on my 650 and I'm not happy with the outcome. Power loss in 4th and 5th gear, fuel range drop...

Maybe I had a poor job done, but i was happier with the head in the stock form.

• weskc35k

Posted September 04, 2007 - 12:04 AM

My engine guy is good Strada just a mild cleanup and shaving a few thou from the head,can't go wrong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted September 04, 2007 - 01:35 PM

i read a post recently from a guy who said the heads on the R flow as about as good as they ever will stock. he was not happy with the ones he ported.

• weskc35k

Posted September 05, 2007 - 12:27 AM

Dunno Marty the ports on an R are OK but still a bit can be done,mild clean up will help heaps.

• iestrada

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:40 AM

One thing in matching the exhaust ports with the headers and the intake with the manifold, and another is to get portwork. With port work they modify the geometry of the head to change the flow pattern. The first one is a great thing to do (i understand that team honda used to do that in the Mighty 1X XR650R); the second is what I did and didn't like.

BTW anyone has a stock head for sale?

• weskc35k

Posted September 05, 2007 - 11:52 PM

Just a clean up and deck it a few thou simple stuff.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.