smog pump removal and daves mod!!!

12 replies to this topic
  • T-Doshi9

Posted September 02, 2007 - 07:13 PM

this is going to be soooo helpfull tomorrow. this is the last time you guys get to say good bye to my smog pump and carcoal canister. it will be gone. and im doing daves mod to my carb too. it better be a diff bike. anyways on my research this is a great write up that i have found. im sure that its been posted on here before. but it always has a place for a new post.

http://www.4strokes..../honda/xrlsmog/

also here is daves mod....

http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/

enjoy both write ups. both great info... thanks dave, brian, and gary!
both write ups make it easy to decide on if we should or can do this ourself.

• Rman of 237

Posted September 02, 2007 - 09:33 PM

Not to worry, you WILL NOT be disappointed!:thumbsup: I used the Dynojet kit but it's about the same. Are you going with an aftermarket exhaust?

• T-Doshi9

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:10 AM

im still looking for exhaust.... i will but i don't have it right now. the mods were perfect.... this bike is waaaaayyy better. wow what a diff. do this do this do this.... you will love it. the response is crazy. i don't know how i ever rode this without this mod. wow.

• martinfan30

Posted September 05, 2007 - 08:23 AM

nice how the pig wakes up so well with so little!

• T-Doshi9

Posted September 05, 2007 - 11:27 AM

and its cheapppppp!!!

• heavyhitter

Posted September 05, 2007 - 11:47 AM

I got mine with the mods already done. And it still is the slowest thing Ive driven :thumbsup: I couldnt imagine it being any slower, I hope my exhaust and big bore kit come soon!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted September 05, 2007 - 01:06 PM

problem is, you didnt ride it stock to compare it after the mods have been done to verify that possibly something else may be wrong and holding your pig back. mine has great power. not disappointed with the mods step by step i've done.

• T-Doshi9

Posted September 12, 2007 - 10:53 AM

mine runs fine... i have had a kx 250 and i ride my cousins yzf450 and neither are much faster. they have diff power but top speed i will eat them alive. and it wouldn't take me long to catch them in a dragrace. something has to be wrong with your pig. this thing has plenty of power all over!!!

• Denn10

Posted September 12, 2007 - 11:07 AM

lol now wait till you get that exhaust on Id take the 450 in a race anyday heheh Have fun

• zerofear66

Posted November 16, 2007 - 05:32 AM

this is going to be soooo helpfull tomorrow. this is the last time you guys get to say good bye to my smog pump and carcoal canister. it will be gone. and im doing daves mod to my carb too. it better be a diff bike. anyways on my research this is a great write up that i have found. im sure that its been posted on here before. but it always has a place for a new post.

http://www.4strokes..../honda/xrlsmog/

also here is daves mod....

http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/

enjoy both write ups. both great info... thanks dave, brian, and gary!
both write ups make it easy to decide on if we should or can do this ourself.

Do these directions/mods work for an R? a 2002 R?

TIA!!!

• martinfan30

Posted November 16, 2007 - 09:53 AM

sorry no. different engine, different carb/smog.

• Thirdear1

Posted November 24, 2007 - 12:28 PM

in the first picture it shows 'air cut off valve' being capped off.. is that part of the mod too?

• martinfan30

Posted November 24, 2007 - 12:35 PM

in the first picture it shows 'air cut off valve' being capped off.. is that part of the mod too?

yes.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.