Handguard mounting question

8 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted September 02, 2007 - 11:04 AM

I see some nice handguards on ebay and alot of them say they will mount on 7/8 inch bars. HOWEVER, I just ordered a set of Pro Taper 1 1/8 inch bars. Does anyone know if they taper down to 7/8 inch fast enough to use handguards that are made for the smaller diameter?

• husky123

Posted September 02, 2007 - 11:57 AM

Bibleman,

No unfortunately you'll need the 1 1/8" pieces to mount your handguards to. Once past the grip/lever area they start to bulge out very quickly.

• Bibleman

Posted September 02, 2007 - 01:07 PM

Thank you very much for that info Husky. At least I know what I'm looking for now:thumbsup:

• Whiteman

Posted September 02, 2007 - 04:37 PM

You may also think about another type of mount. The mounts that mount to the bars will sometimes spin on a good get off. I have tried the triple clamp mounts and have no complains with them but by far the Bonz Mounts are the best I have seen.
http://www.bikebonz.com/a_s_moto.htm

Legal Disclaimer- By no means is the post meant to put down any equipment on someones bike or to say there are not people out there who have never seen bar mounts spin or cut break lines.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bibleman

Posted September 02, 2007 - 04:49 PM

With a legal disclaimer like that you'll be the first person I call next time I end up in jail:p

Thanks for the link:prof:

• Whiteman

Posted September 03, 2007 - 04:55 PM

Haaaa, just didn't want to offend anyone.

• husky123

Posted September 04, 2007 - 03:59 AM

It's all fun and games until you're wandering around West Virginia looking for a brake line for a 92 XR6 isn't it Whitebone?

• Whiteman

Posted September 04, 2007 - 09:10 AM

Right up to the point when you hear battling banjos in the woods.:thumbsup:

• husky123

Posted September 04, 2007 - 11:45 AM

Right up to the point when you hear battling banjos in the woods.:thumbsup:

Glad you brought that up....here's our little thesbian in the woods at Hatfield-McCoy, WV!!!! Enjoy.

ps. This has nothing to do with handguards. Hijack off.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.