How to use flywheel puller

5 replies to this topic
  • frankycottonrow

Posted September 02, 2007 - 09:37 AM

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or what but I cannot get the flywheel to budge. I've got the flywheel puller onto the flywheel and a wrench on the inner nut holding against the top of the foot peg and I am going down on the outer nut and nothing moves. Am I doing something wrong?? How does it work, b/c I don't want to screw anything up. 07 yz450 thanks

• WB450

Posted September 02, 2007 - 09:46 AM

Inner nut or crank?
Did you remove the nut holding the flywheel on?

• frankycottonrow

Posted September 02, 2007 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, I removed it no problem. I just cannot get the flywheel to "pull" off and I am pretty sure I am doing it right

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted September 02, 2007 - 09:53 AM

I did my 07 two weeks ago, it popped right off. Maybe apply some pressure with the puller, and give it tap on the end of the puller bolt.

• treygreen

Posted September 03, 2007 - 06:07 AM

loosen the crank protector out a little ways the inside of the puller is making contact with the crank protector not allowing it to move. If I remember thats what it was with me.

• grayracer513

Posted September 03, 2007 - 06:40 AM

apply some pressure with the puller, and give it tap on the end of the puller bolt.

There you go. Once you have a fair amount of pressure against the screw, strike the end of the screw with a hammer. Don't hit it as hard as you can, but give it a good, sharp blow or two. It should pop free in 3 hits or less.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.