how to reduce swelling in my black eye?

15 replies to this topic
  • kxfreak

Posted August 31, 2007 - 10:44 PM

so guys, long story short, i was at a party, kid comes up to me, hits me, i turn around and give him a brutal beating and just walk back inside, go to the bathroom cuz i see a bunch of blood on my shirt, and see my eye, it is completely swollen, almost to the point that its closed, luckily the blood was not mine. anyways, my eye is really swollen, i have taken 2 alieves and 2 aspirin, even though it doesnt hurt i thought it could help reduce swelling. i have been keeping ice on it too, but i was wondering if there is anything else to do, i mean this is a gem, a real shiner, lol.

• SeeR714

Posted September 01, 2007 - 12:25 AM

Post pics :thumbsup:

The last black eye I had was when my friend threw a rubber doorstop and it hit me right below my eye where the lower lid is sort of. He didn't mean to hit me but it definitely left a shiner.

I think you just have to let it heal on its own because its just like a normal bruise anywhere else you would get one. I know how you feel though wanting it to go away, because you feel like in public everyone is staring at you and thinks that you got you butt kicked in a fight. :ride: You should see what happened to the other guy.

• fitness2go

Posted September 01, 2007 - 02:09 AM

...remember ROCKY..."cut me Mick"

• frogman

Posted September 01, 2007 - 02:19 AM

You could cover it with an eyepatch... than people will just think you're a pirate.

Just don't forget the parrot.

• baby arm holding apple

Posted September 01, 2007 - 04:45 AM

Ice but not direct contact and time. Make sure the ice is wrapped, cool relieves swelling, to cold further damages cells and makes it worse.

• bg10459

Posted September 01, 2007 - 05:23 AM

ICE.:ride:
I got a shiner near the end of my last race. I started icing it as soon as I got off the trail, continued through the award presentation, most of the 2+ hour trip home, and then a little more that night.
Still a shiner, but no swelling.:thumbsup:

• kxfreak

Posted September 01, 2007 - 06:40 AM

i will get pics, its pretty harsh but you guys might wanna see it......

• MX To The Grave

Posted September 01, 2007 - 08:45 AM

...remember ROCKY..."cut me Mick"

what does that mean? do you cut a bruise so the swelling blood goes down?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jaycycle

Posted September 01, 2007 - 10:22 AM

Oh we wana see it..

• kxfreak

Posted September 01, 2007 - 10:59 AM

well, heres a pic from today, its actually much better now, but its still pretty bad, worst thing is i dont even remeber being hit there........also, it makes me look chubby, but that is just all swollen, its a huge bump. kids said the other boy was pretty messed up aswell, 2 black eyes and what not, just not as bad as mine, fat lips, split forehead, and maybe a broken nose, but what can i say, the kid deserved it.

Posted Image

• fatchellparty

Posted September 01, 2007 - 11:02 AM

I think your supposed to ice it like a ope fracture(the one where the bone sticks out) dont directly ice the area just ice around it in 15 minute increments until the swelling starts to go down, it wont completely go away but it will lessen the swelling and speed up healing time.

• sethro42

Posted September 01, 2007 - 11:15 AM

take Ibuprofen based pain relievers they are an anti-inflammatory(God knows if I spelled that right) and of course ICE ICE ICE, also helps if you come up with a really good story that at least makes it more fun to tell hahaha

• BC3

Posted September 01, 2007 - 04:53 PM

A bag of frozen pees.....A piece of steak, slice of potato....some heat and lets eat....

• DrMark

Posted September 02, 2007 - 05:10 AM

Get an X-ray to be sure you don't have a fracted eye socket.

Then ice.

No advil, motrin or ibuprofen. It increases the bleeding inside and subsequent swelling.

tylenol and ice or a bag of frozen peas works best

• BC3

Posted September 02, 2007 - 12:48 PM

Man I'm gettin' hungry....Doc

• IKE607

Posted September 02, 2007 - 02:24 PM

I used the same technique as they use for fighters and it worked for me. I got hit in the eye with a piece of plywood shot off a table saw I was using, splitting my eyelid in an L shape, and split my eyebrow. As soon as I got to the hospital(10 min), I got an ice pack and began pressing it on the area as hard as I could stand it. I did this until they came to close it up(about 30 min). Now mind you, when I got to the hospital, my eye was so swollen I could barely see out of it. So using this technique, the next day, there was hardly any swelling, and very little discoloration. People could barely tell what had happened to me. If you ever watch boxing or UFC, that is what they do. Direct pressure( actually pushing on it) and extreme cold. It really works...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Stuck WFO by DirtRider500R

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  53 replies
Forums
Photo

What to do as a workout for Harescramble racer? by Fade

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  63 replies
Wiki
No More Blistered Hands! - last post by mxwink509

No More Blistered Hands!

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Slam Dunk by dturk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  41 replies
Forums
Photo

Mx training besides running by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   MX Riding Technique
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.