NO Grease!!!!

1 reply to this topic
  • BIGFOOT

Posted March 08, 2002 - 11:37 AM

I read all the posts about Dry Steering Stem and Swingarm Bearings on the wr 426's, so I decided to check this out. There wasn't enough grease there to slick your hair back with, the bearing greaser at the yamaha factory must be some preppy &%$#@! that don't want to get his little hands dirty. I'm tearing the swingarm down tonight, I'm sure it's the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGFOOT

Posted March 08, 2002 - 04:38 PM

I just finished the Swingarm, same thing no damn grease, It's a shame to have to take a brand new bike into that many pieces before it's even broken in. I've also added a skid plate, Answer brush guards, Acerbis front disc guard, Dr. D's hot start kit, removed the airbox lid, Installed a 170 main jet. I still have a little flat spot when I twist up fast, I'm gonna try a larger pilot jet and or raising the needle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.