07 YZF450 cornering fixes???

26 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2007 - 04:29 PM

It says "choice of height", which is the same as "choice of bar size". You decide that before you buy, or you buy another set of bar mounts later. Their bar mounts have an offset fastener at the clamp, so that they move the bars forward or back when reversed.

• Ranger18

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:01 AM

Get rid of that stock tire, it will make a world of difference. Also make sure your sag is set. One other thing you can try is a step seat, it kind of forces you onto the tank when you slow down for the turn.

• grayracer513

Posted September 05, 2007 - 07:18 AM

... make sure your sag is set. One other thing you can try is a step seat, it kind of forces you onto the tank when you slow down for the turn.

Along those lines, get taller bars than you think you'd like, and move them a little forward. The bike is quite sensitive to rider position and small changes in setup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRF250dude26

Posted September 05, 2007 - 04:18 PM

I have already rode a 06 that had fresh michelins and windam bend bars, so I think some 24mm clamps and it would be perfect.

• yam 3

Posted September 07, 2007 - 08:09 AM

Check your steering stem bearing as well these bikes are notorious for contaminated bearings.
I recently added the drd rad. lowering kit and it makes a noticible difference as well.

• skipperlantz

Posted September 10, 2007 - 06:17 PM

I have found that getting as close to the tank as possible will make this thing turn. It takes a little effort to get way foward, but it will help.

• twenty34

Posted September 10, 2007 - 06:29 PM

I have found that getting as close to the tank as possible will make this thing turn. It takes a little effort to get way foward, but it will help.

Agree...Getting forward with a good tire helps quite a bit. The YZ's DO require more work to get them to turn, but they will. I just wanted something that requires a little less effort when the going gets tough.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.