Corbin gap fix

1 reply to this topic
  • Wybs

Posted August 31, 2007 - 03:53 AM

As a refresher the corbin top tongue caused my tank clip to crack

Posted Image

The first thing to do was get rid of the part of the corbin tongue the contacted the tank clip

Posted Image

Then I made this peice to hook on the tank clip, it has the fork tongue b/c there is a little thing in the tank clip that would interfere. This or a similar design is the peice CORBIN should have been making

Posted Image

The slots allow me to adjust the gap

Posted Image

Drilled and tapped the corbin tongue and mounted the new tongue

Posted Image

Saddle mounts easily, like the stock. I forgot to upload the pic of the saddle and the new gap. It's not real tight but it is real solid and does not make any noise. I could tighten it up but it puts a lot of stress on my cracked tank clip as you are really trying to bend the pan. As it is with about a 1/4" gap up top, nothing is really strained and you wouldn't notice the gap (if you haven't been living it for the last month :foul: )
I will bitch no more. My ass was so happy to be back in the corbin it was whistling zippidy doo da riding in this morning

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adams

Posted August 31, 2007 - 05:04 AM

nice fix, your fabrication skills never fail to impress

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.