Pro Circuit T4: repackable?

11 replies to this topic
  • InternalCombustion

Posted August 30, 2007 - 06:08 PM

Okay, let it be known that I love the looks and most-of-the-time the sounds of the full-system T4 on my 650R. But... Sometimes the sound level is on the dark side of too loud, too raspy.

So, three quick questions:

1. Can the T4 be repacked?

2. If "yes", does repacking make an impact on the noise level?

3. If "yes", is there one repacking system that is consiidered preferable over others?

Thanks!

• wheelnut46

Posted August 30, 2007 - 06:48 PM

... If "yes", how does it come apart?

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:00 PM

... If "yes", how does it come apart?

I assume by pulling the three Allen-head screws out of the end cap.

I'm pretty certain it can be repacked, question was more about the impact that would have on the noise level.

• wheelnut46

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:08 PM

I assume by pulling the three Allen-head screws out of the end cap.

I'm pretty certain it can be repacked, question was more about the impact that would have on the noise level.

No, those just remove the end cap.

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:18 PM

Ok, so what about drilling out the three rivets in the end of the can? Then after its repacked, threading the end cap where the rivets were and replacing them with screws?

I guess nobody's done that, huh. Guess I'll have to give it a shot.

What about packing material? Any kind better than another?

• philipstjohn

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:40 PM

Ok, so what about drilling out the three rivets in the end of the can? Then after its repacked, threading the end cap where the rivets were and replacing them with screws?

I guess nobody's done that, huh. Guess I'll have to give it a shot.

What about packing material? Any kind better than another?

I called PC inquiring about repacking and servicing the T-4, prior to buying one(and I still have not bought one) and there is a recommended repack after so many hours. I can not remember how many hours, but as I remember it was not alot of hours. I do remember that they mentioned if you did not follow the service recommendations damage could result to the silencer as well as effecting the noice level. You might be wise to call unless someone can let us know how many hours between repacking... One thing good about the stock can with a drilled out tip or HRC tip- it performs as good as a T-4 but without any manitenance! I know a few extra pounds- but the extra weight has not held me back yet...:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kerrycrf150r

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:43 PM

At the mid-pipe part of the can there are 6 allen head screws.....

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:59 PM

I called PC inquiring about repacking and servicing the T-4, prior to buying one(and I still have not bought one) and there is a recommended repack after so many hours. I can not remember how many hours, but as I remember it was not alot of hours. I do remember that they mentioned if you did not follow the service recommendations damage could result to the silencer....

Good idea, calling P/C and asking them. Thanks, Phillips! Will do.

You'll be getting some gas, dude.

• wheelnut46

Posted September 03, 2007 - 05:15 PM

Anybody done it yet? Any pics?

• wheelnut46

Posted September 08, 2007 - 08:16 PM

Bump.
Was looking at it this afternoon. If I drill out the rivets can I just use self tapping screws to put it back together?
If these things are MEANT to be re-packed then why are they RIVETED together?

• InternalCombustion

Posted September 09, 2007 - 05:55 AM

Bump.
Was looking at it this afternoon. If I drill out the rivets can I just use self tapping screws to put it back together?

I made myself a reminder to call Pro Circuit tomorrow afternoon and ask them, like philipstjohn suggested. I'll post their response as soon as I get it.

• philipstjohn

Posted September 09, 2007 - 06:01 AM

Bump.

Just go to the PC website, e-mail them your questions or get the 800 number and call them. As I remember the T-4 was recommended to be repack every 30hrs, but I am not sure now. That was probably 30 racing hours as well.
But is does need service or at some point you will damage the silencer according to PC...

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.