Headlight help?

5 replies to this topic
  • Frank ZX

Posted August 30, 2007 - 11:06 AM

Is there a brighter headlight bulb that I can buy at the local autoparts store for my XR650L?I don't want to buy a aftermarket light right now.I ride to and from work in the dark,and the stock light could be a little brighter.

• cleonard

Posted August 30, 2007 - 02:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that it is a H4 bulb. There are a bunch of options. The 650L has plenty of watts available. Get a higher wattage bulb. This is a great site for bulbs with no BS. http://www.rallyligh...om/hella/H4.asp Lots of higher wattage bulbs on that page. Most sites have nothing but BS about higher wattage bulbs. Nine times out of ten they will advertise "100W light output", but they are only 55 watt bulbs.

• martinfan30

Posted August 30, 2007 - 02:45 PM

what does the L stator put out?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frank ZX

Posted August 30, 2007 - 03:19 PM

That is a good question Martinfan30.

• motomonte

Posted August 30, 2007 - 05:17 PM

I've read somewhere here that it's about 170-180.Do a search on headlights or stator,there should be something.Good luck.

• Frank ZX

Posted September 01, 2007 - 03:59 AM

I took my headlight out,went to the autoparts store,and found that the H4 bulb is what the auto guys are calling a 9003.Sylvania bulbs makes the Silver Star,it the next brightest bulb next to HID,so they say.It's 4000 kelvin rated?Anyways it is alot brighter.Cost under $20.00,and it's alot whiter.Thanks for all your help!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.