My review on 06 yz450 SDG Tall seat

3 replies to this topic
  • adaguy

Posted August 30, 2007 - 10:55 AM

Rode for the first time last night with my SDG tall seat and let me tell you that is the best $98.00 I have ever spent.
It totally changed how my bike handled the corners (or how I handled the corners), I was considering purchasing the 24mm triple clamps but I think I will hold off.
I’m not sure how the tall seat will work for the height challenged.
I’m 6’2” and 41 years old and about a B class rider.
I’m still giggling from how fun last nights ride was.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 30, 2007 - 01:00 PM

Rode for the first time last night with my SDG tall seat and let me tell you that is the best $98.00 I have ever spent.
It totally changed how my bike handled the corners (or how I handled the corners), I was considering purchasing the 24mm triple clamps but I think I will hold off.
I’m not sure how the tall seat will work for the height challenged.
I’m 6’2” and 41 years old and about a B class rider.
I’m still giggling from how fun last nights ride was.

my results exactly.....helps you get weight on the front. what a difference from stock....
I did the 24mm afterwards and it turns that much better...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djtroy

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:18 AM

I would think it raises your center of gravity adding more weight up top. Will this seat help a guy who is 5,10 or make it worse?

• grayracer513

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:43 AM

Depends on you. It does raise YOUR center of gravity, but not the bike's. That can actually give you more "leverage" from the saddle, and because it uncramps you legs a little, and is flatter at the front, it may encourage you to sit forward more than you do. YZF's like that.

They feel too tall for me at 5'10", but I'm not you.:excuseme:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.