Edelbrock Jetting For Modded XR650R

5 replies to this topic
  • ESS

Posted August 30, 2007 - 12:11 AM

I decided to upgrade my XR650R and wanted to get a good starting point for my jetting. I'll be breaking in a new piston so I don't want to ruin it with the wrong jetting. It's an Edelbrock carb so I thought someone here might have some experience with these. Here's what I'll be running.

Edelbrock carb of course
JE high comp piston (11:1)
Hot Cams stage 2 cam
Opened side panel with Uni filter
FMF Power Core 4 exhaust with stock header (will probably upgrade to FMF header later to take advantage of mods)

I'm in the Austin, TX area. I think the elevation is around 600ft. It's usually pretty hot and there is a lot of humidity.

Thanks

• creeky

Posted August 30, 2007 - 04:28 AM

Check in with Rob Barnum @ www.barnumspro.com. They will be happy to advise you on the jetting.

• hill5150

Posted August 30, 2007 - 06:50 AM

Check in with Rob Barnum @ www.barnumspro.com. They will be happy to advise you on the jetting.

.......:thumbsup: ...Call him, he did my motor up last year ( 680 motor 11.1 piston, II cam, Eddie full pipe etc, and it's flawless...................

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ESS

Posted August 30, 2007 - 11:49 AM

Thanks. I thought about giving him a call since I heard he knows a lot about the Edelbrock setup, but wasn't sure if he'd be nice enough to answer my question since I didn't buy anything from him. Guess I'll give it a try.

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 30, 2007 - 05:17 PM

My 01 650R has a full-system Pro Circuit T4, Uni, side vents. Otherwise stock engine.

I live and ride at about 1100' elevation, in NE PA. I've got my Edlebrock setup with the 19 needle and 18 clicks out on the MAT.

Like others are recommending, give Rob or Denise a call and they'll steer you right.

You're gonna love the Eddy. Near instaneous throttle response and almost fool-proof starting.

• hill5150

Posted August 30, 2007 - 11:18 PM

Thanks. I thought about giving him a call since I heard he knows a lot about the Edelbrock setup, but wasn't sure if he'd be nice enough to answer my question since I didn't buy anything from him. Guess I'll give it a try.

Rob is always good for the call................call him

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.