New Honda CRF250Rs have steering stabilizer

19 replies to this topic
  • Yamahafan

Posted August 29, 2007 - 05:12 PM

http://www.motonews....ge=0#Post810323

Honda has 150F and steering stabilizer on 250F and 450F. Suzuki has EFI. I am starting to feel like the kid who got coal in his stocking for Christmas.:cry:

• WB450

Posted August 29, 2007 - 05:39 PM

Not coal, you got a Yamaha!

• dirtrider04

Posted August 29, 2007 - 06:17 PM

http://www.motonews....ge=0#Post810323

Honda has 150F and steering stabilizer on 250F and 450F. Suzuki has EFI. I am starting to feel like the kid who got coal in his stocking for Christmas.:cry:

well at least you got a good set of valves:busted:

• KAS

Posted August 29, 2007 - 08:03 PM

I have a steering stabilizer that works just fine. Its been on 4 bikes now.

Its called a Scotts.

I don't care what Honda sticks on their bikes, I wont buy one.

• Wiz636

Posted August 29, 2007 - 08:23 PM

I have a steering stabilizer that works just fine. Its been on 4 bikes now.

Its called a Scotts.

I don't care what Honda sticks on their bikes, I wont buy one.

Me either. i don't have any issues with headshake anyways.

• Ranger18

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:13 AM

You should be happy that the yamaha's handle so well, that they don't need a staballizer. :worthy: :worthy:

• NorCal

Posted August 30, 2007 - 08:43 AM

I just checked my valves at 80 hours and they were still in spec. I'm not too concerned w/ yamaha not putting stabilizers on my bike.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 30, 2007 - 01:06 PM

It is great to see that honda is putting into production what the pros have had for several years....this is a great addition to hondas line
too bad honda probably has a patent on it.....

• mx224racer

Posted August 30, 2007 - 03:14 PM

It is great to see that honda is putting into production what the pros have had for several years....this is a great addition to hondas line
too bad honda probably has a patent on it.....

Yup you're right. Here you go...

http://www.google.co...steering damper

• nap__kxf

Posted August 30, 2007 - 05:26 PM

you know why honda puts that crap on their bikes, its a gimmick because they can't hang with the yamahas. don't worry, your bike is still greater. they just put new shiny things on it to make it seem like a good bike, but in reality, would you rather have some steering stabilizer and a engine you have to rebuild for $1400 every year or so or a bike without that stabilizer and you don't have to rebuild it for 3-4 or more years. i'd go with the better engine. you can buy a stabilizer for a few hundred if you really wanted one, the engine is how you get it unless you drop tons of money into it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2007 - 05:28 PM

Intriguing.

But not a Scotts.

• nap__kxf

Posted August 30, 2007 - 05:33 PM

but grayracer513, the thing has to work very well. honda has kept any details about the stabilizer a secret, they wuldn't show anyone if a camera was present or someone they couldn't trust. so it has to work well if it was that secret. but in my mind its still just another gimmick to pull you over to their corner.

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2007 - 05:39 PM

Oooooh, Secrets! Posted Image

• shortburb

Posted August 30, 2007 - 05:46 PM

08s are here. secrets out. oh well

• mx224racer

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:20 PM

but grayracer513, the thing has to work very well. honda has kept any details about the stabilizer a secret, they wuldn't show anyone if a camera was present or someone they couldn't trust. so it has to work well if it was that secret. but in my mind its still just another gimmick to pull you over to their corner.

not really. All these manufacturers have marketing teams. They keep it a secret to build up the hype. Its doesnt have to work well at all really. As long as it is a gimmick to get you to buy a bike, thats all that matters to them. They just care about making money. Dont get me wrong, i bet it works and works well. but i dont think it will live up to the hype.

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:34 PM

not really. All these manufacturers have marketing teams. They keep it a secret to build up the hype. Its doesnt have to work well at all really. As long as it is a gimmick to get you to buy a bike, thats all that matters to them. They just care about making money. Dont get me wrong, i bet it works and works well. but i dont think it will live up to the hype.

Sarcasm doesn't always come out that well in print, does it, nap? :smirk:

• mx224racer

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:37 PM

what? lol

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:40 PM

what? lol

The post you quoted was dripping with sarcasm. Sometimes it's hard to see when it's written.

• marktm200

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:43 PM

you know why honda puts that crap on their bikes, its a gimmick because they can't hang with the yamahas. don't worry, your bike is still greater. they just put new shiny things on it to make it seem like a good bike, but in reality, would you rather have some steering stabilizer and a engine you have to rebuild for $1400 every year or so or a bike without that stabilizer and you don't have to rebuild it for 3-4 or more years. i'd go with the better engine. you can buy a stabilizer for a few hundred if you really wanted one, the engine is how you get it unless you drop tons of money into it.

and This is coming from a kxf guy. he probally ment he has to rebuild his every 3 or 4 months

• mx224racer

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:47 PM

o yea. Btw i ride a honda crf250. I have nothing against yamaha, ktm, kawi, suzuki, etc. I ride what i am comfortable on. Some people that ride a certain brand hate every other brand. Also i work at a honda, kawi, and yami dealer so we get to see all the marketing ploys that these companies come out with. for
'08

Honda- Steering Stabilizer
Kawasaki-Black Wheels, and pre-cut backrounds
Yamaha- Different color selections. (nothing really new)
Suzuki- Fuel injection
Ktm- not really anything. (maybe just the fact that its a ktm) i donno

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.