Relay arm Bolt catching connecting rod?

1 reply to this topic
  • -chris-

Posted August 29, 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hi everyone!

I've recently bought a 1999 WR400 and I have noticed that the lock nut on the bolt that connects the shock to the relay arm is wearing away the connecting rod.... I have searched the forum but have not found anyone with a simelar problem.
It seems the bolt is too long for the gap between the sides but even the bolt head has marked the opposite side.
Could the suspension be too soft to allow the bolt to reach this point?
Could the wrong bolt have been fitted?
I could grind the end of the locknut off and refit with locktite...

Does anyone have any ideas Please??

Also I could use a new rear chain guide, would you stick to the genuine yamaha one or are there better/cheaper alternatives? If so what and where would you get it bearing in mind I'm in the UK!

Thanks for any help

Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted August 29, 2007 - 01:23 PM

I would find the online manual or look at another 400 to see if it is assembled correctly, my guess is that one of the bolts is in backwards? It shoud never hit anything.

TM designworks chain guide is the one you want, its expensive though:eek:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.