Twin Carb Cables/hot start and ZipTy

4 replies to this topic
  • Sycamore

Posted August 29, 2007 - 08:32 AM

Hey I'm new to 4 strokes and bought a 07 450 3 weeks ago and still haven't ridden it. I've been busy and wanted to regrease and go over the thing.

While tearing it apart and trying to take the carb out I see two cables going to it..what's up with that? Any trick getting them out...and same question with the hot start cable?

I notice ZipTy has a carb mod for 125 bucks, anyone try it? Was it worth it?

• face_plant

Posted August 29, 2007 - 09:36 AM

the 2 cables are probably the throttle cable and the pumper cable

the zip ty kit is probably the ais removal, throttle stop and a fuel screw

but this just an assumption

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ophir

Posted August 29, 2007 - 09:50 AM

Two cables activites a push and pull system that is common on most bigger four stroke models. Get the GYTR kit from Yamaha and a JD Kit if you desire.

• GCannon

Posted August 29, 2007 - 09:55 AM

Many people on the YZ forum rave about the ZipTY carb mod they may actully help you with your jetting at the same time. Do your free mods first.

You can search the YZ forum search Zipty carb mod

• Sycamore

Posted August 29, 2007 - 12:32 PM

Many people on the YZ forum rave about the ZipTY carb mod they may actully help you with your jetting at the same time. Do your free mods first.

You can search the YZ forum search Zipty carb mod

Yeah , I'm doing the free mods too. Just asking about the other stuff. No wonder the 4 str weigh more with all the extra gizmo's on em. I want the carb completely done with jetting and whatever other mods needed. I don't want to touch it for a while..it's a pain :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.