'05 yz450 hard crank after layed over/down

5 replies to this topic
  • birdmanf250

Posted August 28, 2007 - 06:47 PM

stupid question but i wana know why, after what ever reason, my bike is layed over on the ground. when i try to crank it, it takes a while for me to crank it back up.

also, when bike is warm, and i go to crank, I usually dont have to use hot start lever, sometimes i actually have to use the choke? if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

thanks, bird

• birdmanf250

Posted September 03, 2007 - 04:57 PM

i dont just lay the bike down, but when i wadd up and eat it. someone please help me out.

• birdmanf250

Posted September 14, 2007 - 02:36 PM

any one? please?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tnl

Posted September 14, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Is it flooded after a crash? Tip the bike sideways to drain out the carb bowl and try again? Maybe your jetting is off or your fuel/air screw needs some attention? In hot weather I rarely use the hot start lever. If your choking it your giving it more fuel so I guess the above carb suggestion doesn't apply? Tinker with it if you have the problem when it's cold on start up indicating some possible adjustments. I'll assume the bike is up to par with maintenance also. Good luck!

• Vinny2692

Posted September 19, 2007 - 04:52 PM

hmm i have a similar problem. If i understand correctly, ur having trouble restarting. For some reason when i stall my bike, a good share of the time i have to use the choke, i dont know why. Im pretty shure my jetting is lean too because it backfires. Man these 4-strokes are quirky :thumbsup:

• YZ250F_Rider

Posted September 19, 2007 - 04:57 PM

hmm i have a similar problem. If i understand correctly, ur having trouble restarting. For some reason when i stall my bike, a good share of the time i have to use the choke, i dont know why. Im pretty shure my jetting is lean too because it backfires. Man these 4-strokes are quirky :thumbsup:

not too quirky apparently, you do have the correct cause and effect for yours. Do a search on how to do throttle chop jetting or ask someone in the tech section, or even better find a dyno shop that does street bikes and see if they will jet your bike for you.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.