XR from TW

3 replies to this topic
  • echocola

Posted August 28, 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hello all,

I currently have a TW 200 it's my first bike and I really like it. I've been riding it mostly for commuting and using it on single track and atv trails. I think it fits this purpose exceptionally well. I have also been taking 170 mile trips and it sucks for that expecially two-up. My butt hurts allot towards the end of the trip and I'm confined to 55mph roads.

I thought the logical step would be to move up to a KLR. I did some trail riding this weekend and I don't want to give up any offroad ability as most of my riding is get to the trails where the real fun begins.

When I sat on the KLR I noticed that the seat was much more comfortable than my TW. Will the XR be as comfortable with the stock or will I have to get an aftermarket seat? I noticed that the slope of the seat toward the tank is what causes the pressure point. Is this a problem for all japanese dual sports? Would the XR be bearable for 150 miles of interstate two-up?

Thanks for your input.:worthy:

• martinfan30

Posted August 28, 2007 - 12:05 PM

yes. the xr650L is the perfect ride for your conditions. ive ridden mine 150 miles in a day for 4-5 days no prob. plus its a lot more dirtable thanthe KLr.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted August 28, 2007 - 01:52 PM

yes. the xr650L is the perfect ride for your conditions. ive ridden mine 150 miles in a day for 4-5 days no prob. plus its a lot more dirtable thanthe KLr.

+1 it is one of the best DS bikes the only thing that will make you feel hared out is the height, i have a TW200 and MY XR650L in the garage right now and the L is taller

• AtomicGeo

Posted August 28, 2007 - 03:09 PM

Hello all,

I currently have a TW 200 it's my first bike and I really like it. I've been riding it mostly for commuting and using it on single track and atv trails. I think it fits this purpose exceptionally well. I have also been taking 170 mile trips and it sucks for that expecially two-up. My butt hurts allot towards the end of the trip and I'm confined to 55mph roads.

I thought the logical step would be to move up to a KLR. I did some trail riding this weekend and I don't want to give up any offroad ability as most of my riding is get to the trails where the real fun begins.

When I sat on the KLR I noticed that the seat was much more comfortable than my TW. Will the XR be as comfortable with the stock or will I have to get an aftermarket seat? I noticed that the slope of the seat toward the tank is what causes the pressure point. Is this a problem for all japanese dual sports? Would the XR be bearable for 150 miles of interstate two-up?

Thanks for your input.:worthy:

Yes, the XR will certainly be more off-road worthy than the KLR...However, the KLR is probably more comfortable on the highway than the XR. I have the XR, my bum gets a little sore with the stock seat at about 150 miles...there are more comfortable aftermarket seats (i.e., Corbin), but they get in the way when you go off road....I stuck with the stock seat.

Geo

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.