JD Jetting Kit O-Ring

13 replies to this topic
  • ophir

Posted August 28, 2007 - 06:41 AM

By installing the O-ring, will that make it too snappy for trail riding?

• clark4131

Posted August 28, 2007 - 07:22 AM

That's kind of a subjective question. What's "too snappy" mean to you? The O-ring helps eliminate the bog caused by hesitation in the AP linkage. Try it, if you don't like it, remove it...SC

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 28, 2007 - 01:46 PM

It doesn't make it too snappy, it makes it snappy enough...at least for me.

My aunt thinks its too jumpy off idle, I call that the beauty of having a properly jetted carb :)

• ophir

Posted August 29, 2007 - 09:53 AM

Your aunt?

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 29, 2007 - 10:15 AM

Yes my Aunt? Women are capable of riding the big bikes too ya know.

She'll ride it on the flat, but shes afraid to climb hills with it :smirk:

• RickSanson

Posted August 29, 2007 - 12:50 PM

I'd like to meet your aunt!

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 29, 2007 - 10:01 PM

I'd like to meet your aunt!

She used to ride back in her early 20's. Took a roughly 10 year break and then picked up a quad. The quad wasn't doing it for her (I guess she isn't the quadtard I thought she was) and recently sold the quad and bought the TT-R 250 off of me.

Shes doin pretty good...I am surprised:applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • suzukipoo

Posted August 30, 2007 - 06:37 AM

How do you do the o-ring mod on the carb?

• erickdj

Posted August 30, 2007 - 08:03 AM

How do you do the o-ring mod on the carb?

Remove the carb right side cover, make the o-ring wrap around the a/p arm mechanism and the throttle mechanism. It's that easy, do a search and you will find a thread with pictures.

• IrideWR

Posted August 30, 2007 - 08:56 AM

I had no luck with a search.:bonk: Is it a o-ring that comes in the JD kit and if so can some one give me the size so that I might find one elsewhere. I'm jetting my bike today and would like to do it all at once. Ow I bought my jets separately not in a kit.

• ophir

Posted August 30, 2007 - 09:29 AM

Gals ride, I have two of them that ride, only one is my wife, being from Utah I did not want you to think I had two of them. The other is my daughter and she kicks but!

• erickdj

Posted August 30, 2007 - 10:18 AM

I had no luck with a search.:bonk: Is it a o-ring that comes in the JD kit and if so can some one give me the size so that I might find one elsewhere. I'm jetting my bike today and would like to do it all at once. Ow I bought my jets separately not in a kit.

You can use any o-ring that will fit there. I bought a little case with 0-rings from Harbor Freight Tools, it was only a few $ and it has many different sizes in the box. Don't narrow your search to the WR forum, the mod is used on many different bikes.

• maxtherat

Posted August 30, 2007 - 07:29 PM

Is this a mod for the 450's or does it apply to the 426's as well?

• ophir

Posted August 31, 2007 - 10:14 AM

Not sure, but it is the best 15 cent mod you can make.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.