Getting there... slowly!

No replies to this topic
  • 426fred

Posted March 08, 2002 - 03:14 AM

when I bought my 426 it was shod with spiked tires and I got S12´s "on the side". Yesterday i had decided to change tires and put some grease on the wheel-bearings. Taking the wheels of was a little more work than on the XR600, but no biggie. I Started with the front tire and it was TUFF :) HARD :D f***ing work. Sweating like a pig, scraping my knuckles on the spikes, using both hands, one foot and an elbow I eventually got the front tire off. Putting the S12 on was a breeze. Then the rear wheel, it was a whole other story. It was impossible. I got some help, but the only thing we accomplished were starting to bend the rim - I gave up :D . Found a tireplace to help me, it took two guys an hour to get the effing tire of, busting the rim rubber-thing and the hose(?) were already busted (the base of the valve), so I had to drive to the closest mc-place (wich happen to be the one that I DO NOT LIKE), they robbed me for close to $26 for a new hose(?) back to the tire shop were they fiddled with my replacement tire - eventually got everything together and charged me almost $30 - and I had to fill the car up with gas, an additional $50. :D
My hands ache from yesterday and my wallet hurts from today. Next week I will put the wheels back on the bike, grease all other bearings and the start driving - I hope all this hassle was worth it.
Do I really need both "tire locks"?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.