do i need to rejet?

3 replies to this topic
  • japelvis

Posted August 27, 2007 - 07:15 PM

I recently did the throttle stop mod and uncorked my exhaust on a 2007 wr450, do i need to rejet because i now have less backpressure?

• KennyMc

Posted August 27, 2007 - 07:29 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

The WR's come inherently lean to get them green stickered. Read this thread to see how others are jetting their bikes.:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted September 02, 2007 - 10:34 PM

I recently did the throttle stop mod and uncorked my exhaust on a 2007 wr450, do i need to rejet because i now have less backpressure?

As said above, you need to rejet because they are jetted way too lean to pass federal emission regulations.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 03, 2007 - 12:50 AM

What is your elevation?
Did you open the airbox?
What do you mean by "uncorking" the exhaust? Did you just drill the "baffle within a baffle" or did you remove the whole stinger? Are the internal baffles in place or did you pull those too?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.