07 wr450 stalling Too rich or too lean?

6 replies to this topic
  • kevinwr450f

Posted August 27, 2007 - 03:15 PM

My '07 has a FMF TI Powercore, JD Jetting and all free mods(no ais removal). It is stalling after I get up in higher RPM range and back off the throttle and pull in the clutch. It also was popping on decel from high RPM's. I did see over 100mph as I raced my buddies CFR450R with work done to the motor. I had him top end no problem but his close gears ould pull me about 1 bike length until about 90mph. Then it was all WR power:thumbsup: Any help would be appreciated. Too rich or too lean?

• KennyMc

Posted August 27, 2007 - 03:26 PM

I have the floowing mods done:
1) FMF TI Powercore
2) JDJetting with 168 main, 48 pilot, red needle on 4th pos.
3) Snorkle removed
4) AIS removed

What jetting are you running. From what I have read, the popping on decel is from the re-jetting and not removing the AIS / grey wire. I never rode mine stock so I never experienced the decel popping.

• ccoates445

Posted August 27, 2007 - 07:04 PM

Lean mis-fire off the throttle. Also, check your idle speed. It might be a wee bit low.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevinwr450f

Posted August 28, 2007 - 03:13 PM

I have the floowing mods done:
1) FMF TI Powercore
2) JDJetting with 168 main, 48 pilot, red needle on 4th pos.
3) Snorkle removed
4) AIS removed

What jetting are you running. From what I have read, the popping on decel is from the re-jetting and not removing the AIS / grey wire. I never rode mine stock so I never experienced the decel popping.

The dealer "cut" the grey wire for me but I haven't removed the AIS. Is it really that much difference? I've seen over 100mph and don't really need to see any faster:eek: My mechinac did the jetting so I'm not sure what he used.

• KennyMc

Posted August 28, 2007 - 04:44 PM

You won't gain any real performance from removing the AIS. It will just get rid of the decel backfire.

• dustinw

Posted August 28, 2007 - 04:46 PM

You won't gain any real performance from removing the AIS. It will just get rid of the decel backfire.

And keep the exhaust quite a bit cooler.

• JSanfilippo

Posted August 28, 2007 - 06:39 PM

Thats what I thought...

I rode it after my buddy made a block off plate for it (the pump was an eyesore for him :lol: :thumbsup: ) and it seemed to be more responsive off the bottom than before.

It could have been the placebo effect, or it could have been since the AIS is no longer sucking air out of the intake to pump into the exhaust that the extra air is causing a small increase in performance :thinking:

Its not a lean surge either because the the port on the intake boot and the port on the intake after the carb have the correct sized vaccum plugs:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.