Nuetech Tubeless System

26 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted August 31, 2007 - 10:23 AM

I saw a tube like that once. I asked for a 110/90x19 tube and the parts guy brought out what looked like a shoe box with reinforcing tape all over it. When I took the tube out to look at it, it immediately took the shape of a tire, and looked as if it could have been rolled onto the rim and run by itself, perhaps without even inflating it. I asked him for a lighter tube. He had trouble getting the HD tube back in the shoe box, so he set it aside until he could get a couple guys to help him, and brought out another box. This one looked like it was originally made to package a radiator cap. I went to another store. :excuseme:

One flaw it this system is that unless a tire is made as a tubeless tire to begin with, the bead may not seal very well. In fact, absent a layer of rubber on the inside specifically designed to seal in air, the tire itself may leak. That, and I fail to see how it's any more flat resistant without a tube than with one.

I run Moose Hd tubes or I will get 3 flats a day running 14-16 pounds. Lots of rocks here. You think a shoe box is big, outta see the box the moose comes in. This idea is great not as good as Chad Reeds set up, but great. I have 2 buddies running these with zero problems at 10-12 pounds. If you are riding on tracks with zero rocks etc, might not make a difference but come here and your mind will change, or you will be changing tubes all day. They Work Period

• JPD855

Posted August 31, 2007 - 10:50 AM

I run Moose Hd tubes or I will get 3 flats a day running 14-16 pounds. Lots of rocks here. You think a shoe box is big, outta see the box the moose comes in. This idea is great not as good as Chad Reeds set up, but great. I have 2 buddies running these with zero problems at 10-12 pounds. If you are riding on tracks with zero rocks etc, might not make a difference but come here and your mind will change, or you will be changing tubes all day. They Work Period

So what's Chad Reed running?

• racerxx276

Posted August 31, 2007 - 11:35 AM

I'm running HD tubes for the desert and WORC races on my YZF450.
Replacing them with this set up easily takes 3 lbs off...once I install the front one also...

Also I've had little to no leaking of air out of the regular tire. I could put some slime in there , but its really not necessary .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JPD855

Posted August 31, 2007 - 02:11 PM

Okayyy,.. You running the "TUbliss" set up? FYI if ya Lube the sides of that RED Inner Liner (MOTUL silicone works GREAT!) and then use plenty of soapy water on the main tire while inflating the inner liner, they seal perfectly almost every time.

• grayracer513

Posted August 31, 2007 - 03:23 PM

... almost every time.

Kind of like Microsoft operating systems?

• almostinvincible119

Posted August 31, 2007 - 06:05 PM

You were running 4.4 pound tubes?

no but we all run 2 tubes...so 3lbs after the front is sold

• racerxx276

Posted September 04, 2007 - 03:06 PM

I don't blame everyone for being doubting that TUbliss works as well as it does, but everyone who has them loves them... everyone has hasn't tried them , well... don't! I need the advantage! Some of the off road teams have tested them and are running them, they aren't telling a soul...(-;

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.